Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

try warmachine again khador
Old 08 Jan 2010, 21:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via Yahoo to uriel
Default try warmachine again khador

ok when warmachine came out several years ago I played cygnar I ended up selling the army to try khador when everyone quit playing. So k=now its picking up at the shop again and I was wondering how to make a competive khador army around 750 pts. please any suggestions or tactics are more than welcomed

uriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jan 2010, 12:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: try warmachine again khador

I'd strongly suggest Battle College. They tend to have pretty decent write-ups on most figures. I don't play Khador, but from playing against them, I think there are several routes you can take for slightly different playstyles. They can be either extremely hard (Men of War) extremely magical (Greylords), extremely mobile (Kossites), or extremely swarmy (Winter Guard). But they don't tend to do multiple things well at the same time because of the way their casters work with their units.

If you're looking for a generic list, I'd suggest Irusk, a Destroyer or Devastator, some Winter Guard, a Mortar and some Widomakers (who seem to be pretty much a must-have unit). But there are lost of theme lists with Khador. A few I can think of off the top of my head:

The Old Witch + Kossites + Manhunters + Yuri
Vlad or Zerkova + Doom Reevers + Fenris
Strakhov + Assault Kommandos + Markhov + Iron Fangs
Zerkova + Greylords + Koldrun
Irusk + Winterguard + Grigorovich

Anyway, I hope that helps a little.
Cheers,
Em
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2010, 22:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via Yahoo to uriel

thx Emlyn! that was a very good site to visit!

uriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2010, 19:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by uriel
ok when warmachine came out several years ago I played cygnar I ended up selling the army to try khador when everyone quit playing. So k=now its picking up at the shop again and I was wondering how to make a competive khador army around 750 pts. please any suggestions or tactics are more than welcomed
em... try something with red on it!

Asking how to build a "competitive list" in WM misses the point. stop thinking like a GW gamer. everything in warmahordes is competitive.

but i'll be serious. best srartercasters to run with are Vlad and the Butcher. Both run well with almost anything in the list. In term sof warjacks, you cant go wrong with drago, beast 09, or spriggans. they're expensive but they nomnomnom through anything. beyond that, stick to things like kodiaks. they're insane with the butcher. or S+P Vlad. It all depnds on your preferences.

Infantrywise, stick to iron fangs and widomakers for the start. they're your generic units that most people run with. then expand from there.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Deadnight is offline   Reply With Quote