Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The storyline?
Old 17 May 2009, 13:09   #21 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: The storyline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott
A question about the Skoren:

[spoiler]Whoa, what happened to Vinter? As a Cygnar loyalist, I'm not sad to see him go, I'd just would like to know.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Meta Spoilers]
In Metamorphosis, a Skorne paingiver (Morghoul) was torturing Magnus. He realized during the torture that Magnus was being truthful. The assault on Cyngar planned by Vinter was a ruse and was needlessly wasting Skorne lives and resources. No one had questioned it before because of Skorne culture. Morghoul relayed this information to Archdomina Makeda who had her own misgivings. She turned the army and assaulted the Abyssal fortress. Vinter fled. Makeda is now the Supreme Archdomina and Morghoul has consolidated the paingivers.

Vinter is still alive and well, though. Saxon Orrik is putting his plans into place with the 4th Army which appears to be allied with Vinter.
[/spoiler]

Quote:
So what is Everblight up to? Plotting in the wintery north?
[spoiler]
Everblight assaulted the Castle of the Keys and devoured the Anthac of another dragon. As a result, he is even more powerful than ever. He has begun to build a massive army in the north at an old Rhullic mining camp.

On that note, Krueger has notified Blightergeist about Everblight and he has summoned the other dragons to an enclave. But I have a feeling that Everblight isn't finished. He has, in form, begun to change Thagrosh into a dragon and has created his signature spawn again (the Serephs).
[/spoiler]

If I had to guess, my guess would be that Retribution will feature more interaction between Legion and the Ios Elves. But we'll have to see.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2009, 00:13   #22 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Cygnar 4th Army question:
[spoiler]Woah, seriously? In league with Vinter? I mean, isn't that, like, an impressive chunk of Cygnar's forces? How'd it come to that?[/spoiler]

I picture the Ethereal looking out the window of the Devilfish from his seat: "Hey this isn't the way to Applebee's?! Where are you guys taking...Aw man, a battle?! Aw, you guys are total dicks, I swear! I'm still wearing my bathrobe! Can I at least have a gun? What do you mean you don't have any extra? What should I do, hit Khorne Berzerkers with my symbol of office? Man, you're gonna be sorry if I die... dicks."
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2009, 00:53   #23 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Cygnar 4th Army question:
[spoiler]Woah, seriously? In league with Vinter? I mean, isn't that, like, an impressive chunk of Cygnar's forces? How'd it come to that?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
According to a conversation between Victor Pendrake & a Cyngar intelligence officer, Cyngar had been using the 4th as a dumping ground for their bad apples.

Later in Metamorphosis, Orrik contacts a 4th Army officer and they attack the Trollkin, using the loyal elements of the army as the vanguard. This effectively purged the army of loyalists.

That's where it ended, though. So we're not sure what the 4th Army will do now. But essentially, it leaves the the entire eastern edge of Cyngar open to Vinter. Khador is pressing in from the north. And the Retribution forces are going to be coming into action soon. So Cyngar is in for it. :P
[/spoiler]
Old 18 May 2009, 04:49   #24 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well then, the loyal blues will just fight harder. Also... maybe the Retribution will be a mixed blessing for Cygnar, as [spoiler]the Iosians probably aren't too happy with the whole Khadorian "hay guys we got Nyssor" thing. I mean, the Retribution isn't too happy with anyone, but Khador would be a good place to start.[/spoiler]

Emlyn, thanks for the information - I really appreciate the informative fluff answers.
I picture the Ethereal looking out the window of the Devilfish from his seat: "Hey this isn't the way to Applebee's?! Where are you guys taking...Aw man, a battle?! Aw, you guys are total dicks, I swear! I'm still wearing my bathrobe! Can I at least have a gun? What do you mean you don't have any extra? What should I do, hit Khorne Berzerkers with my symbol of office? Man, you're gonna be sorry if I die... dicks."
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2009, 13:17   #25 (permalink)
Shas'O

No problem. I'm sort of a fluff geek. : In fact, I'm hoping to get some stuff written up here fairly soon.
Old 18 May 2009, 17:24   #26 (permalink)
Shas'O

No need for all the spoiler stuff guys. It's ok, really.

Personally I haven't read Metamorphosis but I've heard about it and read synopses. I'm seriously pysched for what Vinter will get up to moving forward and more importantly what it means for Magnus and where exactly his own loyalties lie now, esepcially since it seems very likely that Magnus has indeed found Vinters bastard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2009, 06:38   #27 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to BobTD

noooes dont ruin it for me. I dont have access to all the cool storyline and really I dont know where to go to get up to date. Im planning to subscribe to no quarter as soon as possible though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vilest Worm
In Russia they have the government-sponsored "sex week" and it is the best holiday there is. I don't think it's even about growing the country, Russia just knows what's up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanderBleek
Bob, you're either a comic genius or just really, really...yeah.
BobTD is offline   Reply With Quote