Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Zombie Pirates (arrr)
Closed Thread
Old 08 Jun 2005, 14:44   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Zombie Pirates (arrr)

Ive just got the new white dwarf and after reading the new list for the Zombie Pirates of the vampire coast I'm totally inspired! Went out this morning and got a bag of zombie pirates to start my firsts deckhands unit and to convert the empire cannon Ive got left over from the warhammer box set. Just thought id see if anyone could help me on a couple of things:

1. It says that any Captain can carry the army standard bearer for + 25pts. Does this mean that you would pay for the captain then + 25 for him to make him a standard bearer then (for example) + 50 for the ships colours banner?

2. What is a Leviathan? Having looked it up there are two definitions 1. A see monster of any kind 2. A large sea serpent type creature

3. I'm inspired big time on this project but I'm drawing a blank on the above (Leviathan, but once I know what it is ill have a think) and on the bloated corpses, any ideas for these?

PS ill try and post some pics as soon as Ive got my first set of deckhands finished Arrrrr

"You gotta love them skelly's! Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones....."
Old 08 Jun 2005, 15:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq
Default Re: Zombie Pirates (arrr)

Yes +25 to upgrade to Army Standard bearer, that will give him the generic Army Standard with the rules that go with that (If you have the box set you will have the rulebook so i'm sure you will know what that does). So you dont need to buy another banner but you can if you want.

The definitions you have for the Leviathan is fine, plus it gives examples under the unit entry. Giant Crab, Sea Serpant etc. You could convert the crab from the Tomb Kings Scorpion, or you could convert the Sea Serpant from any existing dragon (probably Wood Elf dragon is best).

Id just make a rather pustulant looking blob out of green stuff and have sombe limbs potruding, If youve ever played Halo they will no doubt be like the exploding Flood on that.

Old 08 Jun 2005, 15:03   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Id just make a rather pustulant looking blob out of green stuff and have sombe limbs potruding, If youve ever played Halo they will no doubt be like the exploding Flood on that.

Ahhh I never thought of that one duh, thanks thats got my creative mind working overtime. And I had considered using the old undead zombie dragon but without wings, if you got what I mean.

"You gotta love them skelly's! Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones....."
Old 08 Jun 2005, 16:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to RedMagnus

Aaaaar matey, shiver me timbers!
WHat did they say about the pirate's wooden leg?
It was ARRRRRtificial!

Aaaaaaaanyways... Zombie Pirates rock. I'd say use that High Elven Sea Dragon thingy for the Leviathan...

Yeah, I play WoW. So sue me.
Closed Thread