Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

three questions about tomb kings
Old 02 Dec 2008, 18:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default three questions about tomb kings

i was drawn to this army for two things, the interesting magic system and chariot units, but i'm unsure about three things.

1) I've never put a character in a chariot before so, if i pay the points in his lord/hero entry to put him in a chariot, do i then have to buy a chariot in the core entry for him to ride (the part about him replacing the crew makes me unsure) ?

2) do they still generate the two power dice all armies do (i play goblins w/ the staff of sneaky stealin) ?

3) does the hierophant go before the other liche priests or after?

thanks in advance for any help ^_^

Please correct me with my spelling! (I know it's terrible)
gumgum921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Dec 2008, 05:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: three questions about tomb kings

I love Tomb Kings myself. I was going to play them initially but could never build a list that I liked. Anywho, onto your questions.

1) Playing the point for your character to ride in a chariot is basically buying it. So, no you do not have to buy it from the core.

2) I'm pretty sure they do, but I don't have the rulebook on hand

3) By "go", do you mean die or deployment? A hierophant is basically a specific model, so once he dies, he's dead and you start suffering effects. I pretty sure you can't pass off the role of hierophant off to other liche priests like he were a musician or Standard bearer.
Old 03 Dec 2008, 05:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

By go he means cast his what ever they are called spells. Yes I think he does. Isn't it something like tomb king > prince> heirophant > other priests. I don't have the rule book but my best bud plays TK.

I have no idea wether you generate those 2 power dice. If it doesn't say that you don't in their special rules or somewhere else in the book I would imagine you still get em but they are useless other then using to dispel.

As mententioned the chariot is just something you purchase for your prince/king.
space wolf bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Dec 2008, 10:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

cheers for the help ^_^ its helped alot

going to put my 2000pt list up soon, would appreciate if you could give your advice on it

Please correct me with my spelling! (I know it's terrible)
gumgum921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Dec 2008, 01:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Magic is cast in order from the least important priest to the Hierophant. This is important, because if you later build a list with more than one priest who is not the Hierophant, then they have to continue to go in the same order, but the Hierophant always goes last.

The character in a chariot is just like a character on a horse (he can be fielded on his own or he can join units [only chariot units]) the points are paid for with the character and aren't attached to the units. The bit about replacing the crew is only there to let you know that the chariot is identical to a regular one except that the character acts as the crew.
Darth_Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote