5 chaos knights mark of khorne full command
rapturous standard
300pnt

i got an 2000point idea on which i want you opinion
namely
drop 4 chaos warriors, the horsemen, the chaos knight musician
,add 10 marauders with a musician and add exalted hero mark of khorne shield
aethersword on a juggernaut
But Isn't it funny to think that guard might be able to copy eldar tactics slightly?
You mean "Perform Eldar tactics better than Eldar", right? :P
Not unless the Eldar have an obscure Warrior Aspect that revolves around the complete mastery of the common light bulb.
Infected by Skaven
bloodfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2008, 03:15   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Warriors of chaos 1250 and 2K

In my opinion, i would be scared to put either of these lists on the battlefield. I don't have a lot of time to comment but here are some suggestions.

1250-

Take out one of these heroes your unit champions are better then half the other races hereoes, you dont need 2 cc even in 1250!

Also, with those points add in at least 1 level 2 wizard with 2 dispell, for some magic defense, you need it!

For you warriors up these guys to 2 units of 12, and i greatly prefer halberds over greatweapons. Your still at str5 with halberds, but you dont strike last!

Also you NEED, let me repeat, NEED, either marauder horsemen or warhounds. I would especially reccoomend warhounds as you have a lot of mark of khorne frenzy going on.

For your Chaos knights, keep them cheap! In the last tourny i played i had 1 unit with mark of khorne ravage through half an orc army, while the other one ravaged the other. Bascially won a 2k point game with just 2 units of 5 with mark of kh orne. If you really want to put a champion i guess you can, but other than that dont take anything on them, Its a waste of points.

2000-

If you're taking archaon for fluff purposes i guess thats okay, but otherwise, he's too many points for only a 2k point game. Again you need more magical defense more than you need a cc hero. Scroll Caddies FTW!

Warriors look pretty good, i prefer halberds as they have won me games and games. I like the horsemen but keep them cheap! I don't know why you included free victory points for your opponent on them however! Usually i keep them cheap with just flails or throwing axes and a musician *(a must)*.

Again with your knights keep them cheap! They are basically the greatest cavalry in the game, they don't need any extra help.

I think they need a lot of work, but keep tryin man, you'll get it down

-Intoxxicated
Intoxxicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2008, 06:39   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to bloodfire

you apparently haven't seen the new chaos champions in action.
in the tournament i had last Saturday(1250pnt) my general killed in 2 of the games more then half of my opponents army. whilst my BSB allows for a good looking banner in my army and 2 units of stubborn re-rolling chaos warriors 1 of which is causing terror. he's also good at hunting skirmishers on his own.

actually about your scroll caddies they aren't needed unless your fighting either vampire counts, high elves on a magic heavy chaos army. the normal lores aren't really strong

for the warriors i my self prefer the great weapons due to the high amount of monstrous creatures, knights and T 4 i face. besides i usualy only use them if my oppenent is going first any way or i'm charging

also you don't need marauder horsemen or warhounds with 4 units to bait and in 2K 5 units (after thinking about it i think I'll take that jugger hero) only skaven players are able to bait and only for 1 turn. in previous lists i did have them but on the field they did absolutely nothing.

those chaos knights are bare minimum don't tell me you're running knights without a banner

Archeon I'm taking him because he's an awesome model and there are only a few things which can take him out (himself). plus i'm trying to keep my army a bit cheap money wise so that i still have enough money to start the imperial guard i know i will be starting when their new codex comes out.

the marauder horsemen i agree with you. maybe its just my dice rolling but even with a flank charge the never do anything.

BTW chaos knights are not the best cavalry in the game that belongs to either grail knights in lance or blood knights

note: this is just my opinion I'm not beating down your idea of a chaos list I'm sure it works fine for you. but for my list i prefer unstoppable characters.
But Isn't it funny to think that guard might be able to copy eldar tactics slightly?
You mean "Perform Eldar tactics better than Eldar", right? :P
Not unless the Eldar have an obscure Warrior Aspect that revolves around the complete mastery of the common light bulb.
Infected by Skaven
bloodfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2008, 21:04   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

If there are NO people in your store at all that dont have a magic heavy list i would be very surprised! About half of the last tournament i was in was versus magic heavy. ( I won this tourny by the way). I'm not saying that your list is unacceptable its just not the way i would approach things! Unstoppable heroes don't win games. I only take a hero for 2k points games and he is made simply for taking out tooled characters.....and doesnt loose. Doesn't even matter that he isnt a lord.

I am surprised you face so many monstrous creatures, which is odd, but str5 is excellent for taking out t4 and you get to go first most of the time!

In my 2k point list i have about 2 units of warhounds and 2 marauders, i find i cant maneouver with out them, or i will get outmaneuvered and flanked too easy! If i was playing you i would simply bait all of you units with fast calv and then hit them on the side with m y hard hitters.

But yes knights of chaos are in fact better than grail knights and blood knights, ESPECIALLY with mark of khorne. Do the math hammer! And running a banner on them is pretty useless...You aren't using them right if you need a banner to win combat with 15 str 5 ws5 magic attacks.

I'm not knocking archaon i just don't normally like spending that much on one model! But for your purposes it works great :P

Intoxxicated is offline   Reply With Quote