Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

i'm back, and with a high elf list to show as well......
Old 30 Oct 2008, 19:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default i'm back, and with a high elf list to show as well......

HELLO ALL!!!

i've been enjoying my time sat on my backside doing nothing for a while and realised that my high elves need painting for GT

i just thought i'd post here (as i managed to sneak into my old office and get onto one of the computers :shifty: ) the list i'm taking to GT:

Lord - High Elf Prince - 637pts (4 kill points)
- Armour Of Caledor
- Vambraces of Defence
- Amulet of Light
- Great Weapon
- Longbow
- Star Dragon Mount

Hero - Dragon Mage - 435pts (2 kill points)
- Lv 2 mage
- silver wand
- 2 dispel scrolls

Core - 10 Archers - 110pts (1 kill point)

Core - 10 Archers - 110pts (1 kill point)

Special - 9 Shadow Warriors - 156pts (2 kill points)
- Shadow Walker (Champion)

Special - 6 Dragon Princes - 270pts total (2 kill points)
- Full Command
- Magic Banner - Elryllion Banner
- Drakemaster (champion) has the Skeinsilver

Special - White Lion Chariot - 140pts (2 kill points)

Special - White Lion Chariot - 140pts (2 kill points)

Army Total - 1998pts
total kill points - 16

power dice - 4
dispel dice - 3 (+2 scrolls)

i have playtested against dwarfs, empire, high elves, orks/goblins, (new) warriors of chaos, daemons and vampires. i have yet to beat vampires though i can never seem to rally my lord (he has so far passed ONE leadership test in his career :)

i just thought i'd post up my list for all to see, i'm heading to GT heat 2 tomorrow morning, gaming to start on saturday. i'll try to post some battle reps if at all possible (i'm taking my camera so i should have a few pictures as well )

wish me luck ;D
Old 30 Oct 2008, 19:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: i'm back, and with a high elf list to show as well......

looks an interesting list, I look forward to pics/battle rep's and the lot, good luck .
MalusHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2008, 13:37   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

finally got my internet up and running

i ended up taking one picture i'm affraid (though i'm getting some emailed to me as well) as i was walking around wide eyed a bit too much (my first visit to warhammer world..... :)

some quick battle reps:

Game One - Table Quarters - Ogre Kingdoms

i over-estimated his tyrant and ended up wiping out everything except the unit he was in. when he charged my lord with the tyrant and my lord (or rather, the star dragon ) ate him, i realised that i had left a unit of ogres untouched. this unit ended up claiming the bottom-left quarter and he was contesting the others.

result - Loss to me.

Game 2 - objectives - Chaos Daemons

my army was destroyed by him. his keeper of secrets forced my lord to charge it and held him long enough for some daemonettes to arrive (keeper challenged so i couldnt kill any of them) and give enough combat res to take out the dragon. by turn 3 i had nothing left >

result - Loss to me

Game 3 - table quarters - Dark Elves

in my turn 2 i managed to charge a unit of warriors with spears with both my dragons and both lion chariots.... reducing them to 3 men. when the beggers passed their insane courage test, i was left being charged by a dark elf dragon to the rear and some black guard and a cold one chariot to the side >. if he had failed that, i would have been well out of his charge arcs and able to rinse and repeat...

result - loss (becuase of that damned double 1 he rolled >)

Game 4 - table quarters - Orks and Goblins

a grom le ponch (sp?) army. when he killing blowed my lord in his first turn (i moved forward) and my dragon failed a leadership test (testing on Ld 9!) and became unbreakable i figured another unlucky game was afoot. i managed to wipe out 90% of his army leaving me in my final turn declaring a charge on a unit of goblins (no hero or command) with my remaining lion chariot, they pass their fear test. i bounced my sun dragon behing them to make sure that if it does go wrong, i will force a terror test on them. the lion chariot killed the sum total of 2 goblins and fled after combat res. and they passed their ensuing terror test (ld6 i think, maybe 5 but they rolled a 3) > > > >

result - Loss to me, damned goblins passing terror checks :

game 5 - Kill points - Wood Elves

i was wary of advancing towards this player becuase he had a 10 strong waywatcher unit with a lord and hero in them. i bounced the sun dragon next to them (they were in a wood) and reduced the to 5 men plus characters and my opponent decided to use the moonstone of hidden ways to teleport them accross the battlefield where i couldnt get them (they are 7 kill points all told). this left my army to mop up everything he had left. i did end up on my last turn with 2 squads down to one man but i was one kill point ahead.

result - WIN for me

Game 6 - obectives - Lizardmen

he had a slan army of doom. my strategy was to deploy my dragon princes in the far corner of the board (on an objective) and lay siege to his army and stop them getting to them. my 3rd turn saw me charge the rear of his slan's unit (temple guard) and throw a sun dragon in the rear of it as well. this left him about 1300pts down when i wiped them out . i noticed that he had a stegadon (?) with a bolt thrower trying to get a flank shot on my dragon princes so i angled them towards him. he charged the stegadon into my chariots, breaking them in combat and sending them fleeing over the archers. it was here that i made a fatal mistake. i focused all energy on getting out of the path of the stegadon and trying to bring it down. so in the lizardmens last turn they walked next to the dragon princes (i forgot to angle them a 2nd time >) and he rolled his dice (needing to kill four of them to draw the game):

rolled a 4 to hit (damn!)

1: a 3 (expected, it was 2's to wound)
2: another 3 (cant complain, 3's to wound)
3: a 5 (getting scared now, that was 4's)
4: a 6 ( > he needed 5's and he sniped the dragon princes below scoring)

this left no scoring units on the table for both sides (though we totalled victory points, i was on 2600pts and he was on 900pts)

result: draw (though it was the most enjoyable game of fantasy i have ever played).

well, i have certainly now seen some weaknesses my army has, and will be shelving it for a while. i'll be heading to one of the GT's (at LEAST!!) next year for definate.

thinking of taking tomb kings for fantasy or my daemonhunters for 40k.

i reccomend GT for anyone. the lower end tables are full of players who are looking for a fun and enjoyable game with some tactics thrown in and the top tables are full of the number crunching destroy all type gamers - something for everyone
Old 07 Nov 2008, 15:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Sounds like you had a good time there, shame about you shelving the elves, but oh well. I look forward to the pic(s) .
MalusHunter is offline   Reply With Quote