Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What army?
Old 06 Oct 2008, 01:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to phish
Default What army?

After looking around for a very long time, ive narrowed down my fantasy army selection to about 3. I'm looking for an army that is very good at close combat, competitive with a more darker fluff. (I can only be a good guy for so long ).

The first army i looked at were the daemons of chaos. I like a lot of the fluff especially tzeentch and slaanesh. Also, i can use the army in both 40k and fantasy. However i find the models EXTREMELY ugly. Maybe thats just me?

The second was Dark Elves. I love the new models and the armies theme, i heard that the new codex was pretty amazing too. The only problem being, about 6 of the 20 people in my gaming group already have dark elves. So this army would really be my last resort almost.

The third army i was looking at was the Warriors of Chaos. I like their theme and they seem to be a pretty cheap army (am i right?). I just didnt know anything about the new army book they had coming out. I heard it was going to be amazing, but i also heard the exact opposite. Can anyone clear that up?

Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
phish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Oct 2008, 16:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Adam Baker
Default Re: What army?

Well, I have listened to people saying that Chaos Warriors have been seriously downgraded, because they don't have flyers nor skirmishers, and their infantry is very expensive. But I don't have my exact opinion yet.

Dark Elves are a very aggresive army, a "glass cannon", like someone said (IIRC :P). They have powerful objects, monsters and magic. But they are Elves, remember that.

Daemons of Chaos, no idea. :P

I hope this is useful, and maybe another, more experienced, user could give you further insight.

Cheers.
Adam Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Oct 2008, 19:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thanks alexander that helps! Im actually leaning more towards the Chaos Warriors right now, a few more people said that the new codex was going to be amazing. Can anyone here confirm this? i dont know if any of those people have credible information :P
Old 06 Oct 2008, 19:29   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I think Chaos Warriors have hidden potential, but the rule "Eye of the Gods" is keeping me from trying them... I feel it too much "Intrigue at the Court"-style for me. :P

There are some good items there, and from all the marks, the best for normal infantry is Slaneesh, in my opinion. For screeners, Nurgle, and for Characters, MAYBE Tzeentch. For Cavalry, the double-edged mark of Khorne could be useful

PD: This is MY point of view. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 06 Oct 2008, 21:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'm not familiar with the "eye of the gods" rule, what does that do?
Old 06 Oct 2008, 21:54   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'm going to make a thread about chaos rumours and previews... don't see it anywhere else. Check that one.
Dark_Wolfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Oct 2008, 17:45   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Every time a Chaos Character kills an enemy character in a challenge, kills a Large Target or a Trolls regenerates 2 wounds, they roll 2d6 on the table, that grants the following things (I hope I am not breaking any IP rule :P):

Stupidity, +1 T, +1 S, +1 A, +1 Sv, Nothing, MR (3), +1 Ld, Fear (or Terror if the Character already causes Fear), Terror, Stubborn and +4 Ward Save.

Hope it helps.
Old 07 Oct 2008, 20:48   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Hahahaha well i dont think a rule like that would ever keep me from playing an army.