Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Macedonian Phalanx (2000 points)
Old 26 Sep 2008, 15:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Macedonian Phalanx (2000 points)

Good day everyone, I am interested in doing an Empire/DoW army loosely based on the army of Alexander the Great. I have calculated some point-values, and am looking for feedback.

Lord Character:
Alexander (Counts as Templar Grandmaster), Mantle of Heracles (Count as holy Relic)
Bodyguard 5 Companions (Count as Inner Circle Knights): 300 points

Core Troops:
Hypaspistai (Count as Swordsmen): One of the classic weaknesses of the traditional hoplite phalanx was its difficulty of maneuver, plus inability to hold a shield to the right. The Macedonian army countered this weakness to an extent by guarding the right flank of the phalanx with hypaspistai, elite soldiers with an oval shield called a thureos, and a smaller spear which enabled them to fight in individual combat)
30 Hypastists (180 pts),
Toxtotai (Count as archers) (10 Toxtotes 80 points)

Special
Argyraspides Pikemen (Count as Ricco's Republican Guard): Armed with the deadly sarissa, the Silver Shields were veteran phalangites whom were unparalleled in frontal assaults. 30 Phalangites+Commander=420 points
Thracian Cavalry (Empire Pistoliers): Armed with heavy javelins, spears and falx, the Thracian Cavalry would guard the left flank of the phalanx. 10 Riders=180 points
Thracian Cavalry (Empire Pistoliers). 10 Riders=180 points
Companion Cavalry (Count as Knights of the Inner Circle): The famed Companion Cavalry would deploy on the right of the Hypaspistai. Cost already calculated with knights

Rare:
Thracian Peltasts (Count as Duellists with Pistols). Armed with heavy javelins, and short rhompania, the peltasts would skirmish with the enemy prior to engagement. 10 Peltasts=90 points
Thracian Peltasts x 10=90 points

Any suggestions? I still have about 480 points left to go. I am thinking of burning it on anti-magic resistance/Warrior Priests of Zeus, etc. :P
Old 27 Sep 2008, 18:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Adam Baker
Default Re: Macedonian Phalanx (2000 points)

Maybe Mages with Lore of Fire or Iron as Prophets of Hephestus? :P

Nice list anyway, my friend.
Adam Baker is offline   Reply With Quote