Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Warhammer Online?
Old 19 Sep 2008, 07:17   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Warhammer Online?

I know this probably doesn't have any place on these forums, but I've spent the last few hours trying to get an answer out of tech support and trying to find answers elsewhere on the web, to no avail. So, here's a long-shot last resort. Appologies if its inappropriate.

Is anyone else having problems running or signing up for Warhammer Online? Firstly, I can't sign up with the cd key that came in the retail version, and I can't get the game to run after installation, as the command prompt pops up, then i get the error message:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning.lnk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft WIndows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Can anyone tell me whats going on? I'm not a tech head, so that error message means nothing to me. Little help from someone more tech savvy then I am?

In the end, aren't the followers of the Blood God changing valliant warriors into headless corpses? Aren't the the worshippers of the Lord of Flies changing strong, healthy bodies into rotting, diseased carcasses? Aren't the disciples of the Dark Prince changing stern, steadfast heroes into slaves to their own senses?

Chaos is a struggle to change, you must agree. Change rules all."
Mordos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2008, 07:52   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge
Default Re: Warhammer Online?

Firstly, what OS are you using? I assume Vista, but its best to ask

If it is Vista, have you tried running it in compatability mode?

Finally, the error you've listed about it not running sounds like a problem with you system, rather than the game data. Is this any help?

As for problems signing up, not sure. Do you get any error messages when you enter the key?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2008, 08:03   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I'm running XP. And yep, thats the message that comes up. I'll take a crack at trying to fix it. As for the error message that comes when I enter the key, it says the key doesn't match. I've swapped the game and received new keys twice, and still no luck. Bah.

In the end, aren't the followers of the Blood God changing valliant warriors into headless corpses? Aren't the the worshippers of the Lord of Flies changing strong, healthy bodies into rotting, diseased carcasses? Aren't the disciples of the Dark Prince changing stern, steadfast heroes into slaves to their own senses?

Old 19 Sep 2008, 08:41   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Well the key issue is likely their end, very little you can do about it from home, other than contact them.

As for the running issue, you may have some damaged windows components. I don't think you'd have to reinstall OS, but you should be able to repair them from the disc.

Quote:
Old 19 Sep 2008, 12:16   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Pretty much. Although after hours of reading through forums (plus that site you linked, which was very helpful by the way, thanks), I think I've fixed everything that I can without a login. All I need to do is patch the damn thing...which I need a login for. So looks like I just have to wait until they fix whatevers wrong with the key registration (my mates all have the same problem so I figure its something wrong at their end that will be fixed in time).

Thanks for the help Elle.

Old 19 Sep 2008, 12:28   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

No problem, glad you've got it all fixed on your end. You'll have to let me know how it is - I am very tempted by this (Elf chicks FTW!) but so far fail to see much difference between it and WoW, except its Warhammer.

Quote:
Old 19 Sep 2008, 16:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle
No problem, glad you've got it all fixed on your end. You'll have to let me know how it is - I am very tempted by this (Elf chicks FTW!) but so far fail to see much difference between it and WoW, except its Warhammer.
Having played WoW since release when it was fun up to just recently this year when it became more of a job then fun to play. Warhammer is like a refreshing glass of whoop ass! Classes all have some sort of mechanic that doesn't feel like I have seen it 30 times in every other mmo. Everything you do in the game is rewarding and there is just so much more to do!

Except for cultivating.... sitting there and growing plants for 2 minutes at a time is god damn boring!
space wolf bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Sep 2008, 16:38   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

What about leveling up? Is it the same pointless grind to get levels? As thats the main reason I love Eve - there is no boring grinding.

Quote:
Old 20 Sep 2008, 22:53   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well I figured out my problem. I had the serial code and the confirmation code around the wrong way...yep, I'm an idiot. And I have to say, this game is awesomesauce.

Old 21 Sep 2008, 19:31   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle
What about leveling up? Is it the same pointless grind to get levels? As thats the main reason I love Eve - there is no boring grinding.
Nah cause you litterally level up from doing anything. I feel no rush to get to level 40. I am slightly ahead of the curve in levels though just because I play alot but I am not really trying to power level.
space wolf bob is offline   Reply With Quote