Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Aladdin’s cave
Old 08 Jul 2008, 11:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian
Default Aladdin’s cave

This force is based on an idea I’ve had for several years now a daemon heavy force emerging from the desert. Being disappointed with the new rules for chaos not being able to mix units I’m going to try to build this army with daemons only. The story for this army is that during the holy crusade in Araby a self proclaimed prophet lead a war band of leapers and mutants into the desert, where they raided settlements and tombs. One tomb they raided was gutted then rape by chaos magic and became a temple for mutants and leapers alike. Over the last 1,000 or so years the mutants and leapers have prayed and worship while the daemons in the catacombs roam and grow ever stronger.

Plague-quiver toad’rend 410
Daemon prince
Mark of nurgle
Noxious vapours
Pestilent mucus
Soul hunger

Frogstomp 150
Herald of nurgle
Battle standard-bearer
Slime trail

Blood alchemist 140
Herald of tzeentch
Spell breaker

Sky tonic 225
Herald of tzeentch
Spell beaker
Iridescent corona
Chariot of tzeentch

14 plague bearers 223
full command
standard of seeping decay

15 plague bearers 235
full command
Icon of eternal virulence

24 Horrors 333
full command
banner of change

6 chaos furies 72

3 nurgling swarms 105
1 beast of nurgle 100

total 1,993 pts

C&C well come

KQD

-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
wyrd_ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jul 2008, 12:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Aladdin’s cave

I like the theme.

I cannot really comment on the list itself, since I don´t know what your intention is.

If you just included some units you like, well, I hardly can argue against that ("Stop liking nurglings! You will now like screamers or else...!" )

Or maybe you look for a strong build and expect us to give advice. But I doubt this, your list seemingly rather strives for a bit of variety (demon prince, only one leite unit, only one rare unit).

Or you tried to represent the arabic theme in your army list, and well, I am not seeing that. I guess you will have to capture the arabian feel with conversions, since I do not see any demonic unit as more "arabic" than the others.

But as I said, I like the theme and I would really like to see some fitting models. Genies come to my mind, and maybe scimtars for the plaguebearers, and little ones for the nurglings...

Greetz, Trogdor

[WHFB] Dwarfs
9 victorious slaughters/ 7wins/ 5 draws/ 7 losses

[WH40k] Tau
17victorious slaughters/ 10wins/ 2draw/ 1 loss
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jul 2008, 16:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian
Default Re: Aladdin’s cave

I response to trogdor post.

my theme came from the game Dilabo 2 act 2 where zombies and deamons are the same thing and all look fantastic in the arrid envioment. I wanted to make an army lead by a deamon prince surrounded by fanatics rather than warriors and lots of daemons. With the change in the way the chaos armies are played this is no longer possable so I've added tzeentch to the mix so I can add mutated horrors and play with a mix of magic in my force.

I posted the above list as a starting point for my army as I want to able to play a game as soon as possable and intend to build on this list. I also intend for this army to be almost entierly converted. cypt ghouls as plauge bearers (as seen somewhere else on this site), scatch built plague beast, my horrors wil be hoards of colourful mutants and I really like the new dire wolves but I can't see how I can add them to my list.....

KQD
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
wyrd_ian is offline   Reply With Quote