Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Slann psycology
Old 24 Jun 2008, 18:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to alilamyman Send a message via MSN to alilamyman Send a message via Yahoo to alilamyman
Default Slann psycology

this is something that has always bugged me. the slann, who aided the old ones in the creations of the world and fought and endless war against choas, in game terms still have to check if they run away from zombies. I find this absoulutely ridiculous. Now, i would either like justification of why this is, or people agreeing with me.
Old 25 Jun 2008, 17:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang
Default Re: Slann psycology

The Undead were not foreen in the old one's plan, much like the Skaven. Therefore it would probably be that they are cautious of this new creation, Plus, whilst they did fight Chaos the victory was somewhat phyrric, as the Old One's were lost, so they would not be so eager to fight, and would prefer to avoid it if possible.

Though having said that, they are leadership 9 on 3 dice, they aren't going to run away too quickly.
Hadhfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2008, 16:15   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well, he can always buy the fear banner if you're worried about zombies. Causing fear would make him immune to it, and thus not have to worry. I know that's probably not your point, but at least there is a way out if you're willing to spend some points.
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2008, 17:07   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well, he can always buy the fear banner if you're worried about zombies. Causing fear would make him immune to it, and thus not have to worry. I know that's probably not your point, but at least there is a way out if you're willing to spend some points.
I'd just rather stick him in ItP Saurus block

Regurdless of that, yeah I think its dumb. Whats even more upsurd, Lord Kroak (who is the most power "dead" Saan) who is DEAD, doesn't have that rule. Now THAT my freinds, is upsurd.

Lizards might get re-done may be next year. Then they should put us BACK at the top of the magic phase where we rightly belong. ;D Meh, for me it doesn't really matter as I don't run magic for now at all.

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2008, 20:57   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_dog
Whats even more upsurd, Lord Kroak (who is the most power "dead" Saan) who is DEAD, doesn't have that rule. Now THAT my freinds, is upsurd.
Now I can definitely agree that that is downright silly! I'm willing to accept that they might not have wanted to give it to a normal Slaan due to the fact that they already get quite a long list of special rules, but like you said, Kroak is DEAD. I'd expect him to not only be immune to fear/terror, but his spirit to have a laugh at the silly zombies for not having a shiny gold death mask like he does! ;D
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2008, 19:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to alilamyman Send a message via MSN to alilamyman Send a message via Yahoo to alilamyman

Precisely my point, do you think they will re-write this in the next books or even better in a new FAQ