Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Warriors of Chaos 2000 point
Old 15 Jun 2008, 09:55   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Monolith
Default Warriors of Chaos 2000 point

Yeah my army became not so fully legal when Daemons of Chaos came out. so here is my updated army.
[hr]
Lords and heroes

Lord of Chaos barded chaos steed, Armour of Damnation, Chaos Runesword. 315 points

Exalted Champion Crimson armour of Dargan, Great weapon, Talisman of protection. 140 points

Aspiring Champion Battle standard bearer, Banner of the gods. 220 points

Sorcerer of Chaos Lvl.2 Wizard, mark of Tzeentch, Golden eye of Tzeentch. 165 points
[hr]
Core units

12 Warriors of Chaos Champion, Musican, Bannercarrier, Shield, Chosen. 246 points

12 Warriors of Chaos Champion, Musican, Bannercarrier, Additional Handweapon. 210 points
[hr]
Special units

6 Knights of Chaos Champion, Musican, Bannercarrier, Chosen. 278 points
[hr]
Rare units

Giant 205 points

Spawn of Chaos 60 points

Spawn of Chaos 60 points
[hr]
Total: 1959

*Notes. I think this a good army that can scare most people (especially with that ugly giant ) and feel free to comment
Monolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2008, 10:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to alilamyman Send a message via MSN to alilamyman Send a message via Yahoo to alilamyman
Default Re: Warriors of Chaos 2000 point

this army is good except that it is not legal. you need to field 3 core choices in 2000pts. it is also not legal as you are fielding two units of chosen warriors and this is not allowed. if you drop the chosen status of one unit and make the non-chosen unit 14 men and thechosen unit 10 men, and i would also get rid of one of the spawn. This edit frees up 144pts which is enough to get a unit of 15 maruaders with flails and shields and a full command. The rest of the army is fine and i think if you employ some good tactics, this will function well
Old 15 Jun 2008, 14:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Actually the knights are no longer a "core" (mortal) because of the Daemon changes. And i knew something was wrong so I'm going to change that with the chosen. Marauders are the suck so it's better to have 2 spawns. I'm also gonna give my heroes horses or atleast to the sorcerer. And my pocket is rather empty with money so i can't buy more warriors at the moment. anyway thanks for the comment

*update* I need mooore comments

*update 2* Yeah about that with tactics i usually run headlong into the enemy army and hopefully gets a charge.
Old 21 Jun 2008, 18:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

*update 3* It is pretty thin with comments
Old 21 Jun 2008, 19:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

So... you still need another core though don't you?

Looks an interesting list, two things I'd like to point out though is that you have hardly any numbers, 35 models in 2000 pts is awfully small, also a lack of magical offence and defence, so when you only have 4 power dice and 3 dispel dice in 2000 pts you're probably better off without any at all.
MalusHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jun 2008, 13:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Well my Fantasy experience is rather small because i only play against my friend that plays with a Bretonnian army with one and maybe none Damsel depending if it is any stone around on the map. I hate magic and this is the first time i use a sorcerer. ( And it is actually 37 models :P)
Old 22 Jun 2008, 14:44   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Oh ok, well the magic thing won't be a problem, but your small numbers might, what does your opponent field?
Old 22 Jun 2008, 16:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

hmm my bret friend (yhe only one i play against) usually fields the following:
16 men-at-arms with haleberd, sword and shield
16 bret archers usually in skirmish formation
9 Knights of the Realm in that wierd charge formation
1 Bret lord
1 battle standard bearer
(1) Damsel
5-6 grail knights
3 pegasus knights

It is very even when we two play but when i kill his lowsome peasants i usually win because his afraid for losing his knights
Old 22 Jun 2008, 16:20   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hmm... ok. Your spawn may be killed before they reach your enemy so I'd be tempted to chuck those out of the list. The giant... can do well or he may well die.

For a start you'll need another core unit as mentioned; so either another warrior unit or some marauders. Considering the minimum unit size of warriors and their cost I'd say go for marauders.

So minus the two (or one) spawn will let you have either two units of ten with shields or one unit with something in between or one unit of ten with shields, if you keep them near your general they should be fine.

Tactics wise your marauders can go for the men at arms, your chosen at the grail knights, your warriors at the KotR and (if you manage to tie up the archers) the mounted exalted champ' can hunt down those pesky pegasus knights and stop them from flanking you. oh and the giant can just join in against whatever he feels like, but try and keep him from being charged by any knights and get him to charge them.
Old 22 Jun 2008, 16:41   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

my advice: drop the spawn and the champ, get either 2 squads of marauders or a squad of warriors
mamba21500 is offline   Reply With Quote