Old 09 Jun 2008, 16:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq
Default Expanding my Lizards to 1500;

Here are the models I have;

30 Skinks [bows, I could use them as either Blowpipes or Javelins I guess],
2 Kroxigors,
24 Sauros,
1 Converted Sauros Hero with Great Weapon.

Heres what I was thinking for 1500;

Scar Vet;
Tepok,
Sotek,
Glyph Necklace,
Charm of the Jaguar,
Great Weapon,
Light Armour,
Shield.

Scar Vet;
Tepok,
Light Armour,
Shield.

Priest;
Diadem.

10 Skinks;
10 Skinks;
10 Skinks;

12 Sauros;
Full Command.

11 Sauros;
Mark of Tepok,
Standard,
Musician.
Scar Vet goes here.

3 Kroxigors;
4 Terradons;
3 Salamanders;

8 Dispell Dice. Facing mainly High Elves and Undead.
Old 09 Jun 2008, 17:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Expanding my Lizards to 1500;

Didn't knew you had lizards Veq ^_^ Anyways ->

Heroes ->
Swap Glyph Necklace on Aura. he is not going up against lower then S5, and if he is, he is in a wrong place.

Second guy... You would want a magic weapon on him so he can deal with ethereals and dryads. And in general, Scar-Vets are usually tooled up for at least a half or not taken at all. Mount him to, so he would give fear immunity (and yes I known stupidity too) and I'd make him a BSB.

Priest is fine.

Core ->
Debate of blowpipes/javs is LONG. I take javs on skirmishers(not scouts) so they can deal with other skirmishers.

Saurus... no mate, if you want to run MSU, that’s fine. It's great way actually, one of my set ups is MSU and its great. But LOOSE command. Usually musician is taken and may be champ, may be. No way you should ever take standards on them. Or spawnings for that matter.

***3-4 x 12 men saurus with musician is a core of MSU. Then add kroxi's and skinks, then extra elements as you desire. I can post my 2k MSU if you want it***

Special ->
'Dons and Kroxi's are a good idea. But I fear the lack of chameleons. Then again thats a personal preference. My special slots are usually resereved 3 month ahead and it's almost always 7 Chameleons 3 'Dons and rest of the slots are 3 men Kroxi units.

Rare ->
Good choice, though 3 salamanders can be a bit too much for 1500, I'd take 2.

Hope this helps. it always good to see more lizard players. ^_^

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2008, 23:39   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

Well I have some, Ive just never used them lol. One of those things were I have some Skinks and Sauros from one of the old editions and got a couple of Kroxigors on the cheap from Ebay :P.

The slow Scar Vet was really just a Dispell Dice generator that could help the Sauros win combats.

Thinking about it, good call on the gear load out for the Jag Vet, the only thing to bother him from my main opponents will be Jezzails and Bolt Throwers.

I'm not particularly aiming for MSU with the Sauros, I just have 24 of them. I'm trying to keep the army as cheap as possible.

Shouldn't 12 be enough to deal with a lot of things with 2 S4 Attacks each?. A unit of 18 wouldnt be considered MSU but it would have the same combat res as this unit. I get that its easier to lose the banner and give up 100 points. Against the main things i will face I will kill 4 if i charge, +1 Rank, +1 Standard. Enough to beat on the charge; Ghouls, Clanrats, Skellies, High Elf Spears. Without the standards I draw or lose.

Tepok gives me much needed cheap dispell dice against High Elves and Undead [as I would be facing 7 and 8 Power Dice from those]. Plus I lie purple Sauros .

Im not against dropping the Standards on these units, just wondering if its really worth dropping them?.

Old 10 Jun 2008, 00:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Shouldn't 12 be enough to deal with a lot of things with 2 S4 Attacks each?. A unit of 18 wouldnt be considered MSU but it would have the same combat res as this unit. I get that its easier to lose the banner and give up 100 points. Against the main things i will face I will kill 4 if i charge, +1 Rank, +1 Standard. Enough to beat on the charge; Ghouls, Clanrats, Skellies, High Elf Spears. Without the standards I draw or lose.
You will not "break undead" by obvious reason and you will not plow thru 30+ wounds. It is hard to do with a dedicated hammer and combine impacts. Saurus alone will not do it.

The reason beyond no banner is now your saurus unit costs 150(musician). That is something you CAN flee with. And this also means that your traps will become FAR more effective and you will get charges more often and hopefully mostly in the flank.

In fact if you had more saurus I'd suggested 3 units of 12 for more tactical variety.
***Math hammer means less in whfb as when you pull of a flank charge, the whole calculation goes out of the window ^_^. Lobbing units in front can be done when you KNOW you will kill. Like lobbing kroxigors in most knights will cripple or break enemy in most cases. But lobbing saurus is riskier.***

Quote:
The slow Scar Vet was really just a Dispell Dice generator that could help the Sauros win combats.
Without tools he isn't that great. Mount is a good bargain for no fear or terror bombing. Plus extra attack and armor. And if you fail, its just one unit. The reason I would take fully tooled up BSB (or partially tooled up) is because BSB works even when it goes stupid. I know the idea beyond "cheap tepok vet". But you will want those dice to stay, not disappear. Plus when he is mounted you will save on two saurus thats 24 points for your vet. Pretty much buys him a mount.
If you want just cheap. Give him regular biting blade, Shield&LA, mount and tepok = 142 points Pretty cheap and now FAR more mobile. Plus your JSOD doesn't need to be general any more which will give you better grip on the skinks.

Quote:
Im not against dropping the Standards on these units, just wondering if its really worth dropping them?.
When you have something to loose, it is more problematic to flee which is what MSU generally relies on.
Remember the whole key of lizardmen "roman check board" MSU is to to pull of charges with traps. For that most units shouldn't afraid to flee. You can take command on scar-vet unit, but if vet is mounted, he can easily "relocate himself to another unit and not give up points".
Generally I take standard on blocks of 15-20 (generally 20) as these guys are not planning to flee, ever. ^_^

But thats just my opinion. take it or leave it ^_^.

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 2008, 19:14   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

in one of my lizard men list somewere : i put in 6 or them for fun and it wupped this guy. it was funny when i got 30 shots on his prize unit and he failed all his armour saves. >

If you want a sig like this give, Hadhfang a PM http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn162/Ushar1/Orkwarrior-1.jpg[/img]
OrkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote