Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I hate stunties
Old 07 Jun 2008, 15:29   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian
Default I hate stunties

I really do hate stunties. I can't out muscel them becuase I'll get shot down. I can't swarm them because they'll out muscel me. I can't out manover them because they don't move. how the Hell am I suppost to kill a dwarf army?

thats the rant over....

I play orcs and goblins mostly night goblins lead by Skarsnik. I love magic but don't want to rely on it. I've tried to close the gap and get into combat quickly but this doesn't work has there hard enough to take a charge and splat me in return. I really need help.

KQD
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
wyrd_ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2008, 16:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: I hate stunties

i play high elves and its hard to kill them before they shot me down but i like the magic combo where im invunerable to everything except melee an duse lore of metal. fury of the forge springs to mind there

If you want a sig like this give, Hadhfang a PM http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn162/Ushar1/Orkwarrior-1.jpg[/img]
OrkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jun 2008, 16:17   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
I can't out manover them because they don't move.
Flank them...from both sides.
Old 07 Jun 2008, 17:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Hmm... You'll want some high strength units to take out the armoured little buggers(A), ranged or fast units to take out artillery and their ranged units(B), small units to lure the dwarfs out (their hatred comes in use ^^) (C), fast units to flank 'em(D), other units (E), also it might be useful to let us know what he runs and the no. of points you usually play.

Considering you run night gobbos lets try and fulfill the above mentioned;

(A) Trolls, Giants, Squig Hoppers, Squig Herds, Chariots, Spear Chukkas, Doom Divers.
Unfortunately all of them are either in the special or rare section, but no worries. Now lets have a look at the practicality of them... I'd say that Trolls are good to go, nothing wrong with 'em, just need to be kept out of sight from cannons and the like.. Giants will attract a lot of attention and so will be more of a fire magnet than anything else, so they'll fit into the 'other units' section. Squig Hoppers will be unpredictable and so will not be useful in lure tactics, also they might end up charging without any support, or not being fast enough to lend support. Squig Herds are a lot easier to controll as they have no random movement, these guys are good to go so long as they're protected from missile fire. Chariots are too easily destroyed by cannons and missile fire really and are no good on their own, so even though these guys aren't the fastest, they still fit under the 'flank 'em' units. Spear Chukkas can be useful however they'll need line of sight and they need to hit, also they may be left out after combat has been reached. Doom Divers aren't the most accurate, but the ability to have a S5 template that ignores armour saves is hard to pass up.
So our golden candidates for this position are Trolls, Squig Herds, Doom Divers and maybe Spear Chukkas.

(B) Wolf Riders, Spider Riders, Goblins w/ Bows.
Wolf Riders are very fast and aren't too expensive, give 'em spears, hug those trees and run down those handgunners! Spider Riders are the better option in my opinion, they are slower wolves with a better attack and they don't need to hug the trees, they just ride through 'em! Gobbos w/ Bows aren't to be relied on when attempting to kill warmachine crews, as it takes 40 shots on average to wipe 'em all out, but their cheap cost makes them excellent candidates to take out apposing missile fire, as it only takes 2.7 shots on average to kill a dwarf, and when you can have at least 4 bow goblins for every ranged dwarf, they're very good indeed!
So all of the mentioned are good, it's your pick!

[hr]

Ok, I'll continue later if you want to hear more, but that's all for now...
MalusHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2008, 01:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

I've only ever faced Dwarfs with my Orcs and Gobs once. The BatRep for it is in my Waaagh Snotgob thread if thats any help though, I got a massacre over a good opponent.

As odd as it may sound, Dwarfs actually are a little lacking in Magic Defense. Foot of Gork is fantastic against them.

Squig Herds are also great, I like to take 5 herds in a unit. They wont panic from getting shot and are more than capable of beating pretty much any Dwarf unit in combat, even Longbeards and Iron Breakers. Even if they die they cause damage.

Chariots arent normally too useful because of the S7 Bolt Throwers and the Cannons you will be facing.

You will need Fast Cav but a lot of it to survive enemy firepower, plus Dwarf crews and missile squads are quite durable. Id even be tempted to put a full command on your Fast Cav against Dwarfs as they dont have the speed to fight your fast cav on their terms so you wont give up points for a lost banner and it could well ensure you break those missile units.

Fanatics are always great against Dwarfs just because of the cost of their Infantry.
Old 15 Jun 2008, 10:44   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default D

thanks for the advice one quick question do Dwarfs hate greenskins or just night goblins?

I have in my army so far a large number of goblin characters, two chariots, over 100 night goblins, thanks to a small problem 10 blackorcs, some trolls and a box and the remains of all my old greenskins.

KQD
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
Old 15 Jun 2008, 10:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to alilamyman Send a message via MSN to alilamyman Send a message via Yahoo to alilamyman

Dwarves hate all greenskins but only night gobnlins hate dwarves
Old 15 Jun 2008, 13:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

I'd probably leave the chariots at home against them. Take 12 [2x6] Black Orcs with Shields, Full Command and the Banner of Butchery. They will take down a Dwarven Front Rank for a total combat res of 7. May be enough to break some Dwarf units. Especially smaller ones. Just convert 2 normal Orcs into Black Orcs.

Take Hand Weps and Shields on your Night Gobs, you wont be killing Dwarves even with hatred so spears are worthless. You just need the static res.

Old 19 Jun 2008, 15:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

wow I've found whats left of my former orks and can feild this

a total of 20 aarcha boys
20 strong mob of orks full command x2 choppers
90 night gobbos with x3 full commands spears
40 night gobbos x2 full commands short bows
12 night gobbo fanatics
30 gobbo spider riders x2 full commands
2 orc chariots
10 black orcs full command
2 trolls
snotling pump wagon and lots of snotlings

This all comes too 2,000 - ish pts without characters one of which will be skarsnik when I get him. now all I need to do is make a list any help?

KQD
Old 19 Jun 2008, 16:33   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

That's pretty mean, you should get to 2,500 and then bring it all down here so me and Ian can give you a game with our Khorne and Vampire Counts.