Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Dark Elf Expectations
Old 04 May 2008, 14:27   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Dark Elf Expectations

Basically, what would you expect or want in the new Dark Elf army book that is supposedly coming out some time in the future?

I would like to see:

-A rule the same as Speed of the Asur, I mean they're the same race, though dark elves are more bloodthirsty, so why should their friendly cousins be faster than them???

-New Dark Magic or a rule where you can sacrifice a friendly model for the benefit of your spell, they're not likely to argue with a deadly sorcerer are they? (Yes I got the idea from the old rulebook :P but I think it suits them IMO.)

-New plastics/models, some actual hero/lord models would be nice and I really would like some plastics, like cold one knights, though keeping the old style cold ones, I hate the new lizardmen ones, I love the current ones :P.

So what would you expect/want to see in the new army book?
MalusHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2008, 03:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Dark Elf Expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalusHunter
-A rule the same as Speed of the Asur, I mean they're the same race, though dark elves are more bloodthirsty, so why should their friendly cousins be faster than them???
You do not really want this? The high elves have this lazy rule, why ruin the game with even more unnecessary special rules.

Eternal Hatred for all DEs is rumored though...

Quote:
-New Dark Magic or a rule where you can sacrifice a friendly model for the benefit of your spell, they're not likely to argue with a deadly sorcerer are they? (Yes I got the idea from the old rulebook :P but I think it suits them IMO.)
Would definitely be a nice touch.

Quote:
-New plastics/models, some actual hero/lord models would be nice and I really would like some plastics, like cold one knights, though keeping the old style cold ones, I hate the new lizardmen ones, I love the current ones :P.
All you guys and your damn plastic... me wants metal ;D

Anyways: No plastic heroes, only plastic boxes for DEs: Cold One riders and corsairs. And not those fugly lizardmen-COs, all new sculpts. Their masters were already shown at Games Days.

New characters will be metal.

Source: Warseer

[WHFB] Dwarfs
9 victorious slaughters/ 7wins/ 5 draws/ 7 losses

[WH40k] Tau
17victorious slaughters/ 10wins/ 2draw/ 1 loss
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2008, 05:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i heard about eternal hatred for them all too (which suits them)

Plastic corsairs, witch elves, and any thing else in a regiment but leave the sculpts (why fix something thats not broken?)

a malekith that dosn't look like crap

Please correct me with my spelling! (I know it's terrible)
gumgum921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2008, 08:11   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalusHunter
You do not really want this? The high elves have this lazy rule, why ruin the game with even more unnecessary special rules.

Eternal Hatred for all DEs is rumored though...

Quote:
Would definitely be a nice touch.

Quote:
All you guys and your damn plastic... me wants metal ;D

Anyways: No plastic heroes, only plastic boxes for DEs: Cold One riders and corsairs. And not those fugly lizardmen-COs, all new sculpts. Their masters were already shown at Games Days.

New characters will be metal.

Source: Warseer
Because if they didn't it would (amazingly I know) be even more retarded than giving HE the rule in the first place :P, surely?

Yeah, plastic corsairs would be nice... (though I'll still love the current ones :'(), and definitely no but-ugly lizardmen cold ones (why GW, why?!?!).

Yeah, I'm not asking for a plastic hero/lord box set, I just want some actual damn mini's for them damn it!.
Old 05 May 2008, 12:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Here I have the release list for dark elves. It is a good thing to work in a indy store in my spare time ;D

GAW 85-01-N WHF DE Dark Elf Army Book $22.00 (20,-€)
GAW 85-02 WHF DE Dark Elf Spearhead $192.00
GAW 85-13-N WHF DE Dark Elf Battalion $90.00 (80,-€)

New plastic boxes:

GAW 85-08-N WHF DE Black Ark Corsairs $22.00 (20,-€)
GAW 85-11-N WHF DE Cold One Knights $22.00 (20,-€)

New Metal Models:

GAW 85-14-N WHF DE War Hydra $40.00 (35,-€)
GAW 85-35 WHF DE Assassin $10.00 (9,-€)
GAW 85-37 WHF DE Lokhir Fellheart $6.00 (6,25€)
GAW 85-43-N WHF DE Dreadlord $6.00 (6,25€)
GAW 85-44 WHF DE Dreadlord On Cold One $10.00 (9,-€)
GAW 85-45-N WHF DE Supreme Sorceress On Cold One $10.00
GAW 85-46-N WHF DE Supreme Sorceress $6.00 (6,25€

New boxes with old miniatures:

(all boxes are 5 models/box)

GAW 85-15 WHF DE Witch Elves $20.00 (17,50€)
GAW 85-16-N WHF DE Witch Elves Command $22.00 (20,-€)
GAW 85-17 WHF DE Executioners $20.00 (17,50€)
GAW 85-18 WHF DE Executioner Command $22.00 (20,-€)
GAW 85-19 WHF DE Black Guard $20.00 (17,50€)
GAW 85-20 WHF DE Black Guard Command $22.00 (20,-€)
GAW 85-21 WHF DE Shades $20.00 (17,50€)

GAW 85-55 WHF DE Morathi On Dark Pegasus $25.00 (22,50€)
GAW 85-56 WHF DE Shadowblade Assassin $6.00 (6,25€)

And I dug out this picture for your enjoyment:

For ASF: Dark elves will not have it. I will bet on it !

But you are right: It IS retarded, though we could dispute if it is more or less (maybe even equally) retarded as HEs having it to begin with.

Greetz, Trogdor

[WHFB] Dwarfs

[WH40k] Tau
Old 05 May 2008, 13:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Oooh I think that cold one will do .

Mmmmmm... yummy Dark Elves release list... can't wait .

Damn... struggling...not...to...say...it...

...can't...help...

YOU RETARDS! My god! Why?!?! WHY?!?! Do you want me to play your game GW?!?! HUH!! DO YOU?!?!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Unbelievable... just... jhfsdj... unbelievable...
Old 05 May 2008, 13:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thanx for heads up Trog! Sure u won't get fired for releasing that to public? ;D

And screw you! I want PLASTIC ALL THE WAY! ;D Better way to convert them! Ohh well, then I'd have to convert all troops from multiple DE warriors boxes ;D I'm cool with that. But I gotta get me some of them new Cold Onces! At least for my Vets ;D

------------------------------------------------------------------->
On rules ->

Even though friend of mine explained "why HE" got the rule, I still find it unbalanced. Though there are ways of getting around that. Shoot 'em, or slam 'em with impact hits, or flank 'em for minimum contact ^_^.

But I hope ASF won't spread, I think it died out when only one unit of daemons got it in new codex. At least I hope its dead now ^_^...

DE will hopefully get Eternal hatred as they should. I also hope they will fix there beastrary and make better executioners With some sort of good defense or something. Give 'em something like "mastercrafted full plate" for nice 3+ save or something? ^_^ After all DE do love armor.
So over all I want to see ->
- Better beastmasters
- Better beasts like hydra and manticore (so I get to SCULPT ONE myself ^_^)
- Eternal hatred
- Better armor for everyone
- LOTS of cool sneaky tricks. I WANT A SNEAKY ARMY! ^_^

I might start DE when they are released or even sooner ^_^. I wanted for a while, plus there flesh isn't human so I can paint it ^_^.

What I REALLY hate is the new Speciual Character plague... Its like regular heroes are nearly "inferior now" and no one takes them. Its silly if you ask me. Plus it kills creativity. Why think of colorful characters if you can just rip the existing one? ... >_>

P.S. I still like new Cold onces from Lizard men line. yes they are a bit funny, but they are OK. The new onces are GREAT, but hey I have my box, I'm keeping 'em ^_^.

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2008, 16:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yeah, a character box set would be nice, but I don't mind if there isn't one.

@Armour: Totally agree, these guys need battles to survive (need slaves) so why should they were so little armour?

How did your friend explain it?

Yeah, sneaky type things would be nice, after all, DE don't have a need for 'honour' like other races, and will do all they can to get slaves captured/enemy dead. See the Lord Yuerl story, the Sorcerer story, etc.

Yeah, one of the things I like about fantasy is that you can give your character's traditional weapons and magical weapons and then give them a great story to back 'em up. Special characters just ruin the feel of your own unique army. I want them to be MY dark elf raiders, not Malekith's/Darkblade's/Morathi's/etc :P, MINE.
Old 05 May 2008, 16:39   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Nah, I won΄t get fired... the release list is not much of a secret.

Red_Dog wants to start Dark Elves, eh? Gee, I cannot allow that before you finally show me your lizardmen ;D

And if you show your lizzies, I might show the daemons I have been working on (another bonus of working in that store... I have the plastics for quite some time now, along with the armybook and codex ).

And let me too state my dislike of special characters and their inflating number.

@ more armour: Would be against fluff and established gameplay. In general all elves hit hard and reasonably fast, but are quite fragile. If you want armour join the dwarfs.

What I really want for DEs is a feasible infantry-based army. Make the infantry of the druchii worth their points again.

Greetz, Trogdor

[WHFB] Dwarfs

[WH40k] Tau
Old 05 May 2008, 16:47   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I don't mean in general, but before the Dark Elf update Executioners had light armour. Friggin light armour for a special choice! And black guard, the bodyguard of the Witch-King, are a rare choice, and they only have heavy armour! If you face HE's they'll get shot to hell, and if they make to combat they'll be massacred by spearmen before they even lay a finger on them. I do not like all this sp3cial charact3rs rulez m8 + uber-highelfy-freakin-n00b-killerz crap. Well ok, I'm being over the top here, sorry. But damn I hate the new HE's :P