Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

3k dwarf list
Old 07 Apr 2008, 21:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Shiki
Default 3k dwarf list

Well I have been trying to work out my 3k dwarf list and here is what i have so far.

but 1 question as i don't have my fantasy rulebook on me. do I get rank bonus for 15 or 16 models in a unit. you till notice i have roughly 100points free at the end of the list, this if for incase i need to add models to bring the total to of the units to 16.

I have tried to create an all comers list but the only person i play WHFB with is a VC player. we havant had a game since the new codex but he loved to take units that were ethreal so thats why i dropped a runed cannon into the list. Anyway on with the show.

hero

Runelord
shield
anvil of doom
masster rune of ballance

dwarf lord
master rune of skalf black hammer
shield
rune of fortitude
rune of stone

lord

thane
master rune of smiting
rune of cleaving
shield
master rune of gromil

thane
bsb
master rune of valaya

core

warriors 15
command squad
shields

longbeards 15
command squad
shields
stoicism

thunderers 10
shields

Rangers 15
great weapons
full command
shields

special

miners 15
full command

Hammers 15
full command
rune of slowness
shields

miners 15
fullcommand

Cannon
rune of penetrating

rare

slayers 15
full command

gyrocopter

TOTAL - 2866
I always get the feeling that his craftworld was invaded while he was in the shower and he only had time to grab a bath robe and a sword
Shiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2008, 16:44   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: 3k dwarf list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiki
but 1 question as i don't have my fantasy rulebook on me. do I get rank bonus for 15 or 16 models in a unit. you till notice i have roughly 100points free at the end of the list, this if for incase i need to add models to bring the total to of the units to 16.
You get one rank bonus per each rank of at least 5 models after the first.

hero

Runelord
shield
anvil of doom
masster rune of ballance
Give him a great weapon and a rune of stone. Then he can choose between 1+ AS and S6 (to fend of weak units that want to ty him in combat)

dwarf lord
master rune of skalf black hammer
shield
rune of fortitude
rune of stone
Too weak and not well protected. Sorry but this guy fails it all. He has a 2+ AS and 4 attacks at varying strength.
Try that: RoStone, MRoKragg on Great weapon, RoFury, RoCleaving, RoResistance, shieldbearers. This one has a 1+ rerollable AS and 4 attacks at S7, plus 2 at S4.

lord

thane
master rune of smiting
rune of cleaving
shield
master rune of gromil
Why the shield when the guy has a MRoGromril? And MRoGromril screams RoResistance...

thane
bsb
master rune of valaya
I know, I know... vampires. Still this guy will die as soon as one flying vamp sees him. Protect him well, he is a nobody in combat and not that hard to kill.

core

warriors 15
command squad
shields
See my explanation above. Those only get +2 bonusm instead of +3. Either kick them from the list or take 20-25 of these in one unit.

longbeards 15
command squad
shields
stoicism
Same here. 20 or drop them. And let them have one nice rune of combat as well. With a character attached these guys kick rump. If you want to tailor a bit against vamps take the roune of courage.

thunderers 10
shields
good

Rangers 15
great weapons
full command
shields
Why do you want one unit with a standard away from the main line? drop 5 dwarfs, drop the command and then drop either shields or great weapons.
Or take awy great weapons and rangers and use 20 warriors for the same points. Warriors do´t do any real damage with great weapons anyway.

special

miners 15
full command
8-10 should be enough. And again: No command. Each standard lost means +100 VPs for the enemy. And it is unnecessary on such units anyways.

Hammers 15
full command
rune of slowness
shields
RoSlowness? You like to gamble, huh... might be fun.Anyway, either fill them up to 20 for a 4x5 formation or go for 6x3 for more attacks to the front.[color=red]And I guess the king goes in here... if not take the roune of Courage.

miners 15
fullcommand
see above

Cannon
rune of penetrating
what is that nonsense? Strength 11? get yourselve a rune of forging instead. and an engineer never hurts.

rare

slayers 15
full command
those are special. And again: No command. They do not even profit from the command all that much.

gyrocopter
fine
TOTAL - 2866

Sorry,
[/color] but I guess it is back to the drawing board...

Greetz, Trogdor

[WHFB] Dwarfs
9 victorious slaughters/ 7wins/ 5 draws/ 7 losses

[WH40k] Tau
17victorious slaughters/ 10wins/ 2draw/ 1 loss
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2008, 23:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

nah this is what i wanted to see. I still have very little experience in fantasy so all that is only going to help.

Hmmm the original list I had typed up had units of 20 warriors, however I thought I went abit overboard.

ok well I shall go make some changes and repost this list.

Cheers Trog always good to get advice other then "drop the warriors and put in thunderers" and "where are all your cannons, organs etc"
I always get the feeling that his craftworld was invaded while he was in the shower and he only had time to grab a bath robe and a sword
Old 09 Apr 2008, 00:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
always good to get advice other then "drop the warriors and put in thunderers" and "where are all your cannons, organs etc"
People who advocate gunlines can kiss my scale lizardman ass. ;D
*** no real offense ;D ***

Trog covered most of the things. Few more I'll try to say.

Cannons aren't "bad". The reason why dwarven infantry army usually doesn't want them is because they take special slot. And special slot is where is the good infantry at ^_^.

But on flip side, I would take at least one of something that can dispatch chariots and monsters. Two Bolt thrower with 1-2(or 2-3) penetrating runes can do the trick. It instant-kill chariots too (S7+ kills chariots outright). VC player's jaw will drop when his black coach will be nailed to the nearby rock with couple of bolts

On rangers - Trogodor is wrong by default. You can't drop GWs as they are MANDATORY for rangers ^_^. Other then that... Never seen ranger's used so you might want to look into them. They seem intriguing and also very colorful ^_^. So with unit size and options my only real advise = experiment. Try few different set ups If you didn't buy them yet, just proxy ^_^.
***My set up might look like this - unit of 15 warriors(shields & GWs) with musician. I would like to see the look on the opponents face when 15 warriors magically pop up at his door steps. You can try to slow him down this way. while he trys to kill them, you have time to get reinforcements. Even if he succeeds, he will get no banner and just a "spare change"***

No comment on characters as I am defiantly not a pro here Except for one thing. BSB - needs the "built in ward" stat. Then I'd take both CR runes (red beard + battle) for maximum CR power, but that up to you. Ward is a must though.

On units. You want 20+ as the base standard for every "line unit" (deployed at your deployment not as scout/miner). I would go ahead with 25. Reason? Your units are cheap by the most part. Well, not empire/scaven cheap, but not choas or saurus either. You will not loose to much when people hit you (thy have to kill 5 before starting to take away ranks). Also remember that most of your units (almost all except warriors) can take magic stadards ^_^ You can't make them "identical" but it will add up the spice ^_^.
***Dwarven infantry combat is similar to Empire, however unlike empire, dwarfs get important advantage - they can actually NOT die in combat. Though there is no uber +10(without a flank!) CR as empire can get. Then again, warbanner on nearly EVERY unit and cap of maximum +8 is still uber I can never get in my army. I even rarely outnumber. You on other hand most likely will.***

Hope I helped ^_^

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2008, 01:20   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Well when I get home from work I will amend my list and see if I can work out a few of these things out.
One more questoin about the full command. I usually leave out the vet but keep the musican and banner. Should I worry about having any of the command squad or just the units?