Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Vampire Lord Back Story and Stats, C&C welcome
Old 03 Apr 2008, 01:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Vampire Lord Back Story and Stats, C&C welcome

The Strigoi are a scattered, bestial group of Vampires that haunt the old world, mostly lurking underground and feeding from the dead. There are however a few exceptions. The Black Prince is a grand example, with his ambitions and intrigues. He sees himself as the scion of of the old Strigoi empire; a title ancient Strigon is willing to let him keep.

Strigon the Fifth Son is just that; the Fifth Son of Ushoran, founder of the bloodline. Like many of his ilk he fell to the beastial nature of his kind, haunting the old world as an enormous varghulf. The beast made his home in the chaos wastes where he harried chaos warbands, kidnapping their few women, children into the night. Next he made his way south, stealing into Kislev like a shade. Finally he found himself in Bretonnia where to the ill of the Warhammer world the ancient came to his senses.

How could this happen one might ask? Strigon awoke amongst the shattered corpse of a Brettonian Maiden, one of their blessed spellcasters. The blood reminded him of the decadence of the old court, of better times; of orgies and martial pride, of politicing, of his life in general. Now Strigon is on the loose, his mad, fevered goals alight in his head. Who knows what foulness will become of this?

Strigon
Vampire Lord
-razor sharp claws (counts as sword of battle)
-vampiric speed (counts as the Talisman of Lycini)
-Ancient beyond compare (counts as the crown of the damned)
-Red Fury
-Infinite Hatred
-Supernatural Horror
365pts
Old 03 Apr 2008, 09:26   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge
Default Re: Vampire Lord Back Story and Stats, C&C welcome

I like it. Very in keeping with the established Strigoi background, I could really feel a picture of him building.

If you look here, over at Carpe Noctum, they are trialling some rules for a Varghulf Ancient.

Might work well with your fluff, at least in friendly games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2008, 15:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Right now my mental image of him is more or less the Strigoi on the bottom of the Strigoi bloodline history in the last Vampire army book with a wing like structure under his arms. I see him kind of as the opposite of his brethren- he's getting less beastial all the time.

I'm getting kinda excited by the army concept- crap loads of ghouls and converted Bretonian maidens for his fellow vampires to represent his children/lovers/pets (as creepy as it is).
Old 03 Apr 2008, 15:20   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

That sounds utterly twisted, but a damn cool army theme.

Converted Bretonnian knights for cavalry?

You could also fill your rare choices with Varghulfs, I hate to think how nasty 3 of them hitting something at once would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2008, 15:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Thats the plan actually-
Lords: Strigon
Heroes:
Maidens
Core:
Ghouls, maybe Wolves/bats
Special:
in 3000+ I see some Wights, though primarily grave guard. The Knights are probably impaled somewhere but I might some day use Black Knights.
Rare: Varghulfs- Strigon looks after the poor forgotten members of his house.

For his home I see an old tavern turned into a brothel of almost sickening levels of decadence and debauchery on the edge of Bretonia and the Empire and in a nearby hollow is a cave system infested with his ghouls, the front marked with Bretonian Knights impaled on stakes, his Wights being Bretonian veteran Men at Arms thrown away by their lords back for revenge.
Old 04 Apr 2008, 00:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

That's an interesting character. I've got no love for any Strigoi, of course. Ushoran was certainly not the most intelligent of Vampires, and his kin are little more than scavenging beasts. Unlike the mighty Necrarchs, who don't rely on weak mortals to do their work. Strigoi have no ambition, and no way of realizing their ambition even if they did.

On a more serious note, that is a pretty neat backstory. I'm still a bit skeptical of Strigon actually... Degenerating into a sentient being (I love Varghulfs!). I'm don't totally understand the psyche of a Strigoi though, I deal mainly with Necrarchs.

I wrote up my own characters story in a thread also, here. I like it, it's a Necrarch Vampire though. I want to write more, but I'm struggling to come up with the right words. Maybe a good session with Oblivion will help.

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Apr 2008, 06:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

No more thoughts?