Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tzeentch Tank Army from hell? Is it a feasible idea?
Old 12 Mar 2008, 01:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Tzeentch Tank Army from hell? Is it a feasible idea?

Perhaps the weirdest potential idea yet.

An army consisting of nothing but Chariots and Chariot-mounted Sorcerers and Aspiring Champions of Tzeentch. All the chariots have the Mark of Tzeentch.

Would such an army be remotely feasible assuming that sorcerers were kept naked (save chariot) and the aspiring champion had a Sword of Change?
Old 12 Mar 2008, 19:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Tzeentch Tank Army from hell? Is it a feasible idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicJuggler
Perhaps the weirdest potential idea yet.

An army consisting of nothing but Chariots and Chariot-mounted Sorcerers and Aspiring Champions of Tzeentch. All the chariots have the Mark of Tzeentch.

Would such an army be remotely feasible assuming that sorcerers were kept naked (save chariot) and the aspiring champion had a Sword of Change?
I've heard this idea before - a 2K army like this would only have 7 models, but they'd be SICK and constantly out-running and casting on enemies.

I'm gonna do it, just for kicks!

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2008, 19:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Behold.

The All-Chariot-Chaos-Army-Of-Doom actually does pretty well. Most players aren't sure how to deal with it, even though you have 5 or 6 models in 2,000points.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2008, 21:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Lord of Chaos 535
Mark of Tzeentch
Chariot
Marks of Tzeentch
Golden Eye of Tzeentch
Spell Familiar

Exalted Champion 360
Mark of Tzeentch
Power Familiar
Chariot
Mark of Tzeentch

Exalted Champion 335
Mark of Tzeentch
Dispel Scroll
Chariot
Mark of Tzeentch

Exalted Champion 335
Mark of Tzeentch
Dispel Scroll
Chariot
Mark of Tzeentch

Chariot 140
Mark of Tzeentch

Chariot 140
Mark of Tzeentch

Chariot 140
Mark of Tzeentch

TOTAL: 1985

Power Dice: 19
Dispel Dice: 7

This is what I came up with. I think it's decently solid, and it costs only $210 for an entire 2,000 point army. Plus, with so few models you could really take your time to make the models look really good, and technically you can start with as few as 3 models (1 character and 2 core, because when you mount a character on a chariot I don't think it's core anymore).

The one huge flaw I can find is that you spend 2,000 points for 19 power dice. Vampire Counts can get 17 power dice with only 785 points, so they still have 1,215 points left for an army. I know it's not a fair comparison, really, but it's still worht noting.

I think I might give this army a whirl.

Old 13 Mar 2008, 00:57   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I could most easily see the game being one of forcing out dispel scrolls then mass-polymorphing his cheap troops into Horrors and lots of them. The chariots get reserved for charging smaller units like Knights or so.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 01:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

To be honest, Dwarf and Empire gunlines would absotively WRECK with kind of army. A single cannonball can cost you one seventh of your army - now imagine 3 in one turn, on top of any other shooting coming your way. The Golden Eye of Tzeentch helps to protect your Lord, but... I just can't see risking the 535 points that Lord comes out to against a 100-point Great Cannon. Too risky, but seems like a very fun diversion.

Old 13 Mar 2008, 02:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

So the chariots are singled cells, I.e not units? If yes, then, a helblaster would easily take down the unit quite effectively. It is to my understanding thatmany and most Empire players use them, always keep a lookout for Helblasters...

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Malchior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2008, 02:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaffl
To be honest, Dwarf and Empire gunlines would absotively WRECK with kind of army. A single cannonball can cost you one seventh of your army - now imagine 3 in one turn, on top of any other shooting coming your way. The Golden Eye of Tzeentch helps to protect your Lord, but... I just can't see risking the 535 points that Lord comes out to against a 100-point Great Cannon. Too risky, but seems like a very fun diversion.
I find the real threat in these kinds of games invariably ended up being a Dwarf Bolt Thrower with Rune of Penetrating. With an engineer hunkered down, the bolt-thrower would snipe away at models...
Old 13 Mar 2008, 04:40   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

This army does work, but its NOT a good army by any stretch. I've seen this army in play and its not a fun game for the opponent. You'll loose opponents quite fast as no one will like to play against it. Its not overpowered, its just very boring, kind of like gunline.

This army will actually MURDER gunlines since the main lord will usually ride a dragon and have golden eye of tzeench(3+ ward vs missile/magic) which stop most of the cannons for a turn which is ALL he needs. then he slams your line and you die and then the rest of army pulls up from safety and levels the field with the fire avalanche. And then game is over ^_^.

I would never run such army, but it does work. It of course has it shortcomings. If you get in combat soon enough then you will brake the back of this army really fast. They might be "champions", but they are alone. They will die fast to a real combat.

So to sum this up, yes there is a way to do this, and no I wouldn't do it since this is just "wrong" IMO. I am not arguing vs Tzeench, as I think its a tough army to master, but making it into this is NOT the way IMO. You can play such an army once for poops and giggles but thats it ^_^. If you want a Tzeench army, try some out, but don't build that kind of things. Yeah I guess its not good to take a Tzeench Lord on dragon with an eye (I would go with disc) in 2ks but thats not as bad as that ^_^.

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jun 2008, 18:08   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

the only probelm is now that the rules have been updated, you can't have an all chariot army, get 3 squads of 10 marauders and then do the chariots.
personnally id drop 2 champions and add another 5 chariots
mamba21500 is offline   Reply With Quote