Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Healing Hand+Steam Tank.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 18:40   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Healing Hand+Steam Tank.

This is an odd question, but could a Warrior Priest of Sigmar cast Healing Hand on a steam tank, restoring it back to its 10 wounds or so? (shudders at the prospect)
Old 28 Feb 2008, 18:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90
Default Re: Healing Hand+Steam Tank.

I would have to say no because they dont have wounds they have steam tank points or something like that. NOT wounds.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Grunt90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2008, 19:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

In the new edition of Empire, last I checked, a Steam tank had 10 wounds on its profile.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 19:35   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yes, yes you can.

I like the way you think, buddy. Does healing hand restore 1 wound or all wounds? I forgot.

Mournus Skitarii 3rd Legion, the Will of Mourn

Kaffl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2008, 19:40   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

I thought it only generated steam points, Never mind.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Grunt90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2008, 19:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaffl
Yes, yes you can.

I like the way you think, buddy. Does healing hand restore 1 wound or all wounds? I forgot.
There are two Healing Hands...the Prayer and the Spell. The Spell is 1 wound, and the Prayer is all wounds.

The thing is I'm thinking of making a Nuln Motorcycle Brigade (units all mounted on steam motorbikes, etc), and was thinking of using the Arch-Lector to represent a Mounted Techpriest or something. :P
Old 28 Feb 2008, 22:28   #7 (permalink)
lonely tau

I'd have to say no, personally. For one, it's just plain not friendly, and for two, the Steam Tank's profile (pg 51) says "Only spells with a given strength can wound the Steam Tank, all other spell effects are ignored". Now although I would be inclined to say that this works more with spells cast to hurt it, for the first reason I put and the "all other spell effects ignored", I'm inclined to say no, it wouldn't work.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 22:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The question then occurs, Healing Hand does not specify "may not be used on Chariots, Daemons, Undead, or War Machines" while Gift of Life does. What about other spells though, such as The Howling Wind (units with weapons S 4 or under may not shoot at anything within 12" of the wizard)? Would the steam tank be protected then?
Old 29 Feb 2008, 00:02   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Ok this is funny as we had this discussion in the shop and I won it FLAT out.
Short answer is NO. You can NOT repair your tanks with ANY healing spells.

p. 53 of Empire rule book. Quote from Prayers of Sigmar
"Unless differently stated in their description, they can be cast on the priest himself or on any one character or unit champion within 12'' of the priest."

This settles this argument -> You can not cast it on tank or other warmachines. The question like "So can it heal the Griffin and the Character on it?" remains open. I would say YES it can as you cast it on character and the whole thing gets healed. Same goes for pope mobile (war alter) since it its a pope himself on it.
***Side bar! The spell from lore of light granted by pope mobile DOES NOT effect the war alter simply because it actually STATES that you can't do it since war alter is a chariot***

All and all, you CAN NOT heal steam tank. Period.

P.S. On your howling wind question -> I would say no. It is one of those weird questions about spells that sound like "can pit of shades kill tank?" and so on. Unfortunately tank's dumb (I mean down right dumb) rule protects tank from "real" spells (pit of shades, commandment of brass, rain lord - they ALL make sense and yet don' work! I mean how does metal hull protects the tanks cannon from being wet from rain?!). However opposite must be true, tank can not be protected by any friendly spells either.

***I would say that this is the rule that MUST be dropped over all as soon as possible. It makes NO sense what-so-ever and only limits the game. I mean why would they even include that? You can give it magic resistance or something (representing some arcane mechanisms rappelling magic), but what any unit that uses technology is immune to magic now? So all hand gunners, or gyrocopters will suddenly stop being effected by magic? ... ***

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2008, 00:56   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Ha; let's play Arcanum if we want to say technology cancels out tech...

In such a result, I'd also argue an Engineer should be able to make a repair roll to partially compensate...meh