Banner: Banner of the Daemonslayer
*Musician
*Standard Bearer
*Preceptor
-306 Pts

Rare-Helblaster Volley Gun-
-110 Pts

Total: 854 points

I am working my way to 1,500, so in about a month I should be up to par.

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Malchior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2008, 05:45   #2 (permalink)
lonely tau

Default Re: My Current Empire Army

31 models in a game over 500 points won't do you too well in unless you're playing an all-Cavalry army under 2k :P

Honestly I think that you should add some intense numbers to your list, maybe an extra 10 models in both the Swordsmen and Spearman units. Then to make up for the points you get rid of the banner on the Knights and you make them normal blokes, which then saves you a little over half way there!

Now for your heroes, I am going to say that your wizard is FAR too geared up for this size game. Drop the Biting Blade and unmount him, which frees you another 24 points. In my opinion, you should toss your Warrior Priest with an extra hand weapon instead of the Sword [hammer] of Justice, into the Swordsman unit. You can just make him use his prayers to be more effective in combat, just 'cast' them the first couple of turns before combat, so when you get into combat you have that bonus, and anything leading up to that is bonus.

So, between the 45 points from your hero choices, and the 74 points of trimming from the Knights, 119 points saved, which just lets you add the extra 10 men to each of your State Troops, and puts you 6 points under.

I just started Empire today though, so I could be wrong
Old 17 Feb 2008, 15:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Ok, let me start of with this ->

No one players 854 points. I would suggest to try making a list for 500, 750, 1000.

Broad Tip ->

Pick a style. Whatever it might be, you should build a more or less focused army. I hope you will be smart enough NOT to build a gun line. But you can employ few common set ups or make your own.

Few small specific ->

Wizard -> he is pretty useless as if now. Make him do something specific. Like be a scroll caddy. Also, just because its a "battle wizard" he doesn't need to be in combat. So no bighting blade ^_^.

Priest -> Can't have mundane weapon and magic weapon. If he has magic weapon, he MUST use it.

Knights -> Seems fine to me. But banner IMO should be swapped on warbanner or arcane warding (You do not want your knights be "spirit forge" 'd to death.)

Infantry -> Unless they are range troops or detachments, they shouldn't be in units of 10. Empire has some very interesting infantry.

Anyways I hope I helped. ^_^

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2008, 01:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Need to fix something, though, Red dog,

I only have put 854 points, because I wanted to show the beginning parts of my army, it is no where near table-top ready, it won't be until I hit the 1,500 to 2,000 mark.

I will not be playing until I have reached 2K also.

Yes, you can use the hand weapon and mundane weapon, but you can only chose which one to use when in combat, mind you it doesn't count as having two weapons.

The infantry is going to be improved, my next purchase to be a box of 20 flegallents, and a box of gunners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau

Honestly I think that you should add some intense numbers to your list, maybe an extra 10 models in both the Swordsmen and Spearman units.
I will be having them, but I will also be getting a whole mess of Free Companymen

Quote:

In my opinion, you should toss your Warrior Priest with an extra hand weapon instead of the Sword [hammer] of Justice, into the Swordsman unit. You can just make him use his prayers to be more effective in combat, just 'cast' them the first couple of turns before combat, so when you get into combat you have that bonus, and anything leading up to that is bonus.
Warrior Priests are my dispel dice wasters. I will have at least 3 in my total, they will waste my opponents' dispel dice like crazy making the real deal spells shine.

Also I will equip a bunch of bound items on many and most of my characters.

Quote:
Really? How are the Vamp Counts coming?

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Malchior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2008, 04:32   #5 (permalink)
lonely tau

Quote:
Originally Posted by †Methelas†
Quote:
Really? How are the Vamp Counts coming?
Almost finished ^_^ A few odds and ends here and there and I'll be perfectly done with them until the bug (or bat) bites me again :P

Anyways, I think you should post your 'whole' idea for the list, meaning the 1500 and later on 2k lists, as that should help us understand more or less what you are aiming for with your army. Especially if you only plan on playing those sized games
anyways.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 05:10   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

†Methelas† ->

I didn't knew that you tried to start right of the 2k. As LT said, you should post the "idea" of what you are working towards to.

On The weapons -> again, you can buy a mundane equipment and switch between in before combat. But IF you buy a magic weapon, you HAVE to use it, that the rule. So you can't buy him a great weapon(or second hand weapon) and magic weapon and then choose which one you want to use, you MUST use the magic weapon. Thats pretty much a rule. p.121.

Quote:
Warrior Priests are my dispel dice wasters. I will have at least 3 in my total, they will waste my opponents' dispel dice like crazy making the real deal spells shine.

Also I will equip a bunch of bound items on many and most of my characters.
Pope magic, IMO is a real deal of Empire. Its extremely powerful. Other races either have their own lores in attempt to control magic phase (Tomb Kings, Counts, High Elves, Chaos, Wood Elves, Skaven, Ogres), and lizardmen simply use all of the lores at once and then some.
Empire's pope prayers are the empires magic. Combine with some bound items will give you lots of magic that going off every turn. Yes it can be dispelled, but illuminating miscast gives an enormous edge. Plus its all sooo cheap.
The only real wizard that Empire has is Balthazar, he is great and pretty stylish, but still, IMO popesters are just too cool to pass up ^_^.

Anyways, I am waiting for the 2k list that you have in mind

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote