Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Sand Gladiators: Lust for Glory [intermission intensely]
Old 16 Jan 2008, 05:12   #1 (permalink)
lonely tau

Default Sand Gladiators: Lust for Glory [intermission intensely]

Hello Everyone,

Red Dog and I have been working in secret for the past couple of days, to bring to you what we'd hope is an entertaining campaign for the Warhammer players of this site. Collaborating off of each other we have almost completed the campaign, all we need now are players, and a few fluff pieces to tie the whole thing together. This will almost all be done, hopefully, in 24-48 hours, but until then we have this thread.

Warbands are beginning to converge in the lands in between Qatar and the Cracked Lands on the continent of Araby. Some are guided as such by their wizards and mages, telling of a prophecy which will not affect the world, but merely send a shift of power in favor to the winners. Others are in it for treasure, gifts from their gods, and other related promises. The reasons the gods cast their gaze upon this place is still but a mystery to many, but their is very few a fool who would not like to have their attempt at this prize beyond belief. This land of seemingly no value shall change, being saturated with the blood of those who hold greed in their heart, honor for their breast or a challenge worthy of their martial prowess.

This will be a small leveled campaign, so it won't actually be a Warbands game, and instead really just a 500 to 750 point series of games played throughout a various time limit. On certain days we will have events to supplement the fluff part of the campaign, but otherwise it's mainly about having fun and playing games.

This thread is for signing up and commenting on the campaign, stay tuned for updates happening soon!
Old 16 Jan 2008, 19:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to pettsy
Default Re: Sand Gladiators: Lust for Glory

Sounds interesting, I'm definitely up for taking part.

~Pettsy~

"It matters not what form my enemy takes, I will slay him all the same" - Grand Master Daedelus

We are ever-living, our spirit is immortal, and long after the last of our people crumbles to dust we shall still live on. For we are the Asur and for as long as there is light then we will shine!
pettsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jan 2008, 21:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

How would be tie the lizardmen into this? The slann wouldn't see it in the Old Ones plans, or would they?

I'm in. Might bring some friends along with me.
Old 17 Jan 2008, 05:24   #4 (permalink)
lonely tau

All right, because you are all so eager, I know, to get some more fluff info on this and how we plan to be actually playing out this campaign, here's a little sneak peak into the madness the team has been creating for all of our enjoyment.

Go forth, Champion of mine to whom the greatest of my accomplishments of this generation are owed, go forth to victory and glory, and spread the name of Von Carstein! We shall rise yet again!~ Vladislav Von Carstein

Every warband is in this fight for their own reasons, from Vampires wishing their name to be spread once again to invoke terror upon the laity, and carve out their own kingdom, to the Lizardmen whose Southern tribes supplement Lustrian forces come for their own divine reasons, to treasure hunting, honor seeking or those who wish to hone their martial and tactical prowess. Whatever the reason, a conflict is beginning in the Lands of the Dead, mysteriously concentrated between the Cracked Lands and the city of Qatar.

Champions of Chaos are being sent to test their mettle, the Lizardmen are being sent to attempt to stop whatever may be happening, and all over other Warbands are coming for their own various reasons. The only way this can be settled is through battle, and that lies in YOUR hands!

This is a Warhammer campaign that, while not actually warbands, is set at a low level. What you will require for this game is a 'character', basically a hero with a name, but extra kudos to anyone who has a developed backstory behind their character! Keep in mind that your character will be a very important person in this game, and so you should take some extra special effort when designing him/her/it.

Along with your character, you will need a 750 point roster. Notice how I say 'roster' and not 'list'? In your 750 point roster you will basically make it a normal list for under 2,000 points, with the limitations being 1 Hero choice and 2+ Core choices. Now, in these games you will only be playing with 500 points, so why the extra pointage on the roster? After a battle, you will be able to switch units out in your next list, so although all of your rosters are fixed throughout the campaign, your lists don't have to be!

Red Dog and Trogdor will be posting their parts of the campaign soon, so stay tuned for that
Old 17 Jan 2008, 06:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Ok dudes, so thats my turn to post ^_^

As LT said we are planning a campaign ^_^. I am here to post our logo that is in progress (almost done) and my own entry ^_^ (lead by example or so ^_^)

Now for the stuff I've been doing. Sry for WIP, but that is our "to be banner".

------------------------------------------------------------->

And finally my own entry!

Lastria warband led by Ecli of the Mirror-Pool of Tepoc.

Characters:
1. Ecli of the Mirror-Pool of Tepoc (representation - Scar Veteran)
***Fluff will be posted soon***
2. Inzigor of the Monument of the Moon (representation - Chameleon Skink)
Relatively young and adventurous Chameleon is on his first mission outside of Lastria. ***more fluff to come***
***Third character had not arrived yet***

Mission:
Warband had arrived at the Lands of Dead and traveled northeast of "the Cracked Lands". They have arrived with a single goal - recover the stone tablet that was long stolen. Their masters have reasons to believe that tablet was found in this region. The tablet is one of many of the Sun Temple of Chotek. As it is in no immediate threat only the small force was dispatched to recover it.

Roster:

Heroes->
Scar-Vet (Ecli of the Mirror-Pool of Tepoc) under Quetzl & Tepok with GW&LA + Aura + Venom of Fire fly frog = 171

Core->
2 x 10 Skinks scouts, pipes = 140

10 Skinks screeners, Javs&shields = 60

Special->
14 Saurus, full command under Quetzl = 228

5 Cham skinks (Inzigor of the Monument of the Moon is one of them) = 75

Rare->
Salamander = 65

Total: 745

Ok so I hope you liked it ^_^ Fluff is coming soon along with more art and rules. Sing up in that form.

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2008, 17:02   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Does the roster of 750 points include your hero? The way it is worded is your hero and THEN your roster, some what confusing.

I will start making my own scar-vet (Or skink priest) very soon!
Old 17 Jan 2008, 22:19   #7 (permalink)
lonely tau

Nice one R_D, stretching out the page like that :P\

And I still find it funny you missed the 's' in 'gladiators :P

Anyways, the character is included in your 750 roster, sorry for the bad wording.
Old 17 Jan 2008, 23:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Red_Dog, it's Lustria, not Lastria :.

So your cham skink is just for fluff, right?

Also, can we play against people not on the forums?
Old 17 Jan 2008, 23:56   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Spelling nazi! Burn him in the name of Lemon Russ ;D

LT-> its on there now, I remembered it after I posted. The logo will be up in hopefully an hour.

Ok now to the real points.

Opponents. Yes you can and in 90% time you will play against opponents of your own. Think of it this way -> There is number of warbands that will be "described" in fluff (the once that singed up) and all other are random bands that you would encounter in your conquest.

Characters. Limit isn't officially set yet but, I would say you are allowed up to 3 (one being a MUST). You can not start with more then one hero so you either make some model "special" or you wait until (if) you build up and acquire more heroes. Reason of "three" is that if there will be a fair amount of participants (say 5-6 if we are lucky ^_^) its 15 chars. Thats LOT of things to keep track of. Of course some of them will probably die, but its still lots of info. So I hope, up to 3 is plenty for you guys to identify you band.

Registration. As you have seen, mine is up. Yours, like mine, must contain following things -> At least one Character with at least minimum background (the name, give me the name ;D), One goal of the band (Read in "fluff") & One 750 point roster.

Fluff. If you do decide to write the fluff for your own band, you are welcome to do so. But keep in mind this. No funboy crap meaning you Hero isn't the greatest warrior, general and love ever born. He is also not known across the galaxy and defeated 100 giants with his left nut (if he had any). Keep it small scale. Also the other half of "no fun boyz" is your hero isn't good, nor is he bad. I would try to keep mine as cynical as I can and I suggest to do the same. For your "goal", again, keep it small scale. look at mine, it is important to get that tablet, but its not world shuttering. Its more of a "trial by fire", for most in warband, mission. There are lots of small goals you can use, turn that imagination on! ^_^

Ok I hope to see entries of active players soon ^_^. Stay tuned for more updates.

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2008, 01:49   #10 (permalink)
lonely tau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish Gecko is back!

Also, can we play against people not on the forums?
You're obviously not Russian :P

Anyways, our fluff representation for playing against people not on the forums is that there will be many warbands out there, however the ones featured in this campaign are the more 'famous' ones. Meaning that as long as you have some accompanying fluff for the game, it works perfectly. Now for my registration w/ rosterness.

Von Carstein Warband

This Von Carstein Warband, under the control of a Necromancer, J. Renfield, appointed by the Count Vladislav Von Carstein himself. The mysterious Necromancer's goals are unknown but to spread the Von Carstein name to terrorize lands. With the ability to replenish his minions and spread terror he now simply searches and attempts to find what his other goal in this campaign is.

Von Carstein Warband:

J. Renfield-140
Lvl 2, Black Periapt, Dispel Scroll

20 Skeletons-220
Light Armour, Standard, Musician

20 Skeletons-220
Light Armour, Standard, Musician

5 Dire Wolves-50

5 Dire Wolves-50

1 Spirit host-65

Total: 745