Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Bretonnians or Dwarves, that is the Question.
View Poll Results: Should I choose Bretonnian's? Or Dwarves.
Bretonnians Ftw 4 40.00%
Dwarves tehy pwn 3 30.00%
Won't decide 4 u N00b 1 10.00%
O m G I dunno, whatever 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Jun 2007, 09:46   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Bretonnians or Dwarves, that is the Question.

Well, I am at a loss on what to pick. On one hand I love the chivilric(sp?) code the Bretonnian knights have, and the movie Kingdom of Heaven kinda fortified my love of them. If I did get that army, it would have the paint scheme similiar to the Templar Knights.

Now, On the other hand. Dwarves...I like the models, I like their backround. I like the technology they have. And there Slayers are just soooo bad ass. They just look awesome, and I would love to get some Doomseeker models for them. They have alot of options for what I can field. And they seem like a tough army to crack.

So I kinda need some help in choosing, I like them both equally, but I aint about to start two diff armies, so if you guys could help sway me to one army or the other, that would be great. So yeah...help me out
Firewarrior26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2007, 10:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang
Default Re: Bretonnians or Dwarves, that is the Question.

Take a look at the bretonnian knights models. I mean a really good look. how can you say no to them? they are crying out for the love of your paintbrush!

That and Bretonnian background is great, the knights are very much bad ass, The grail knights more so ANd don't get me started on heroes. Want WS 10? Brets have it. Wantto kill giants and dragons with killing blow? Bretonnian virtues. Want all 4 strenght 6 attacks to hit? Take a silver lance.

And On top of al that if you opt to lety your opponent take second turn you will get a ward sve for all your knights! And lance formation ith the current rules is great. ;D
Hadhfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2007, 11:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

'And lance formation ith the current rules is great.'

How so?. With needing 5 models to get a rank bonus now?, so a unit of 9 knights would still get more attacks plus a unit of knights from any other army would still need at least 10 for a rank bonus? Or is there an FAQ or something I'm missing. If not, then yeah, it's still fair enough. Just making sure theres nothing I've missed

If you like Slayers so much, I would suggest an army of Karak Kadrin, a Slayer Army.

You get lots of extra Dispell dice, your ENTIRE army are Slayers. You still get cool technology withthe Goblin Hewer [an Axe Thrower]. You get Doomseekers plus some great Slayer Skills. The only drawback is that your Slayers don't carry 'Slayer Axes' like the new Slayers do, so instead you have units with either Great Weapons OR Two Hand Weapons as opposed to both.
Old 23 Jun 2007, 13:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arguleon-veq
'And lance formation ith the current rules is great.'

How so?. With needing 5 models to get a rank bonus now?, so a unit of 9 knights would still get more attacks plus a unit of knights from any other army would still need at least 10 for a rank bonus?
That, and Bretonnian knights still get rank bonuses from ranks of 3, so you don't need to spend lots of points on a rank bonus.
Hadhfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2007, 11:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arguleon-veq
The only drawback is that your Slayers don't carry 'Slayer Axes' like the new Slayers do, so instead you have units with either Great Weapons OR Two Hand Weapons as opposed to both.
I'm sorry could you explain this a bit more?
Firewarrior26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2007, 11:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

Well, with the New Dwarf Army your Slayers have both a Great Axe, and two hand axes. And can use any they want in any combat [so you choose the best for the job]. With the Slayer Army, your Slayers only get two hand axes OR a Great Axe. Not both, so you have to use whichever you pick for the whole game.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 16:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Keep in mind I do not have either Army Book (or any for that matter) and am going on looks and background alone. I do, however, have BfSP and have been flipping through the pocket rulebook so I'm not a total noob.

I say Brettonians. I think the Knight look like they could beat you five ways from Sunday, while the Men-at-arms and Bowmen are heroic little peasants, dwarfed by the powerful Knights, but still put up a good fight. Their backstory is nice, the code is interesting, and they look awesome. Did I mention the Knights look like they could pound you to dust? :P

And, oh, they look fun to paint... You don't need a strict color scheme on the Knights!

So... Brettonians FTW is my pick.

Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote