Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

thinking of starting beasts of chaos
Closed Thread
Old 23 Sep 2006, 17:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default thinking of starting beasts of chaos

i need some advice on beastmen, but let me tell my ideas:

i will have a hard hitting army, pure goat-men and minotaurs. i will build all from plastic. i will use the beastmen regiment box for converting any types of beastmen,bestigor etc.

minotaurs im thinking of using ogres and convert them with alot green stuff(unless there is any avaible plastic taurs? maybe other game ranges?). my question is, how many minotaurs can i have in a unit?(i dont have the army book yet)

then we have the chaos giant..yes i said pure taur and goat, so...GIANT TAUR convertion. so, my question...how many chaos giants can i have? are they 0-1 or can i have one per rare-choice?.

this army will have many minotaurs, one,(and if possible) more giant taurs. maybe a turkgor chariot and of course, core regiments of gor. and wargors maybe brey shamans

so, now i need thoughts on if this kind of list could work. its a few-model list with much power
Old 24 Sep 2006, 15:49   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: thinking of starting beasts of chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizor
i will have a hard hitting army, pure goat-men and minotaurs. i will build all from plastic. i will use the beastmen regiment box for converting any types of beastmen,bestigor etc.
minotaurs im thinking of using ogres and convert them with alot green stuff(unless there is any avaible plastic taurs? maybe other game ranges?). my question is, how many minotaurs can i have in a unit[glow=red,2,300]?(i dont have the army book yet)[/glow]

this army will have many minotaurs, one,(and if possible) more giant taurs. maybe a turkgor chariot and of course, core regiments of gor. and wargors maybe brey shamans
Crikey, where to begin... well, if you don't have BoC AB, pick that up first, cause otherwise I could give you 10,000 words of advice that might not make much sense.

The time and money you'll spend converting Ogres into Minos might be better served just picking up Minos and going at them. Also, centigors might be a fun addition, they're somewhat goat-y andtheir special rules make them ... interesting. The giant taur.... I kinda like it, although i don't really see it wearing pants, but that's just me. Would make a cool conversion though.

Old 24 Sep 2006, 15:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Brownmccoy

Giants: You can have 1 per rare choice.

Minotaurs: Size; 3+, special unless lead by a Doombull general, in which case it's core.

The list could work, though I'd advise getting some bestigor herds. Just convert them from beastmen by giving them great weapons.

Although, as tenseiga said, get the army book so you can understand what we say better.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 10:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to wyrd_ian

if you want to go with the beastman hoarde theme then I suggest you get as many Ambush troops as possable.

KQD
-Disney: He's the puppet master, both our damnation and salvation. He rewards our successes and punishes us for our hubris (often in subtle but horrible ways). I suggest we do our best not to anger him, he is the greatest asset to our campaign and potentially the most fearsome foe we'll ever face.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 10:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

well, the giant will be converted. and, i prefer plastic so thats why i use ogres. and that i can gewt a unit of 6 taur per ogre box!. though, if there are any other plastic boxes that should work better to convert,please tell me. and a Doombull is my plan once i get 2k points