Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How do you feel 7th Edition will affect your army?
Closed Thread
Old 18 Sep 2006, 22:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default How do you feel 7th Edition will affect your army?

I think my Druchii just got better, or at least everyone got nerfed more.

Shooting: The LoS and Interposing models rules should make the RxB useful, especially on hill assaults and Large targets. Of course this kinda affects DE monster lists as well, but the ability to take 20 Warriors with RxB's and not having to line them up 20 wide or making them a static target on a hilltop (with 2x multiople shots) makes them a POTENTIALLY VALUABLE UNIT.

5-wide ranks and CR: I imagine most DE were 5 wide or more already, unlike a lot of other armies where 4 wide made more sense to get more ranks.

Marching+Breath weapons: Okay, a nice tradeoff for the shooting large Targets, maybe I'll consider the 2-Hydra 1-Dragon monster list.

Pursuit/Overrun and fight again: Not everyone is a fan of this, but if my Witches and COK's perform as they have in the past, I could be celebrating quite often. Of course, the people who will hate this most are horde armies, who will have plenty of troops for me to pursue/overrun into.

Magic: Yeah, we get to roll on the same Miscast table as most everyone else, but the magic lists look more balanced, and best of all, no swapping for Second Sign. Creeping Death got seriously nerfed, and the Crown of whatever looks like a suicide machine. You either a ) subject your own troops near the Sorc to damage or b ) put the Sorc out in the open, in the midst of the enemy to deal serious damage.

How do you feel your army will fare in 7th as compared to 6th?

Old 19 Sep 2006, 00:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: How do you feel 7th Edition will affect your army?

The extinction of weapon teams- The new character targeting rules are just going to make these easy points for people IMO, so they're out.

Rise of the swarm- Where will all those pts go? MORE RATS! Alright, GW fixed it so you can eliminate my weapon teams very easiliy, lets see you deal with over 200 berserk furballs instead

Seer gets a rest (sometimes)- The changes to power dice dont worry me since I always wanted my warlocks to use their warp lightning. The new miscast chart? BAH! My wizards had a habit of frying themselves anyway, I'm used to it! However these changes will likely scare a few people into playing less magic-heavy which means I can actually get away with taking a fighty lord in 2k pt games without getting turned inside out by some giant toad critter sponging extra power dice from his aquatic friends.

I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Old 19 Sep 2006, 00:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Brownmccoy

All the rules, save 3, are better and will improve the game.

1. The char sighting... thing. This nerfs my weapon teams for skaven. Also, it means my warlocks have to be in units.

2. The swarms losing more wounds due to CR. Swarms already cost an arm and a leg. Why would they make them so much worse?

3. The overrun thing. This will likely screw over my skaven army. A lot.
Old 21 Sep 2006, 18:14   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to smurf

I play ogres and its kinda ruined my army. I always went on the basis of units of 6 or 7 bulls led by one or two heros, but in larger games i added another rank. This meant i had a rank, useful in combat and gives me extra strength on the bull charge. I also used leadbelchers to tear holes in large armies with panic, and now they just stand still as their mates get blasted into oblivion.

In my opinion all the update has done is simplify things and made some rules pointlessly worse. The most annoying thing i saw was their explanation for the rank bonus, that "all the other numbers in the game are multiples of 5, minimum unit strength, the panic rules etc" for one im wondering whats included in the 'etc', and also whats more important to collectors, the minimum unit size or how many figures you get in a box, which is almost always multiples of 4. Now if you buy a unit of chaos warriors you get a rank bonus of ... +0? before any casualties
Nothing in life is forever, but none of your deeds were in vain
Deep in our hearts you will live again, you're gone to the home of the brave
R.I.P Kangaroo Joe
Old 21 Sep 2006, 20:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf
In my opinion all the update has done is simplify things and made some rules pointlessly worse. The most annoying thing i saw was their explanation for the rank bonus, that "all the other numbers in the game are multiples of 5, minimum unit strength, the panic rules etc" for one im wondering whats included in the 'etc'
Every other number in the game? What about weapon ranges? 24/5? Hmmm... that doesnt work... What about panic? 6/5? Nope, not that either. I think we have yet more proof that GW failed grade school math
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Old 22 Sep 2006, 00:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Brownmccoy

Minimum unit strength for capturing table quarters, the lowest a unit can go rank and file wise (some units are 5+), and thats all I can think of. However, I like the 5 models per rank.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 08:48   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

well, the rank thing bothers me. now i need to rethink my dwarf list to have 5 models in each rank. stupid boxes comes for having 4 in each rank!. same goes to my lizardmen, and hell! 5 lizardmen saurus DONT fit in a movement tray >
Old 22 Sep 2006, 11:40   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

My tomb kings weren't effected much. Basically, they are necrons of fantasy. Love the game.

Last night, for example, I beat Empire shooty with my own brand of WWB

Wanax
Old 22 Sep 2006, 16:27   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

i think all is affected in some ways, and, i think,if not totaly dumb,GW havnt made it to give certain armies let-downs and others not..
Old 22 Sep 2006, 18:46   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizor
i think all is affected in some ways, and, i think,if not totaly dumb,GW havnt made it to give certain armies let-downs and others not..
ok, i have to comply with the 5 rank rule, so I need 2 more heavy cavalry to get a rank bonus

Otherwise, cause fear, immune to psychology, can't miscast, no penalty for moving and shooting...nope, no effect on the key elements for me...

Wanax
Closed Thread