Warhammer 40K Forum

new dark elves list for 7th ed
Closed Thread
Old 07 Sep 2006, 18:21   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default new dark elves list for 7th ed

new list 2000pts

high sorceress darkstar cloak,dispel scroll ,seal of ghrond 325pts
(The only ward save are +5 that not very good . the 4+ is in COS and i dont know if it legal.)

noble BSB HA SDC sword of might 125pts
(in chariot )

beast master lance LA SDC manticore 242pts

warriors spears shields 19 musician standard lording 177pts

warriors spears shields 20 musician standard lording 185pts

chariot spears 97pts

chariot spears 97pts

harpies 6 78pts

RBT 2 200pts

dark riders 5 RxB musician 127pts

cold one knights 6 standard 192pts

executioners 13 draich master 155pts

total 2000pts

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 07 Sep 2006, 23:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: new dark elves list for 7th ed

Good luck. It's a tough army to win with, but your list looks a lot like one that clobered my Ogres.
Old 08 Sep 2006, 18:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Delvaurius

Hey, The Heart-Star of Darkness 4+ ward is perfectly legal even in tournaments!

Seems like an interesting list, and it'll probably do really well in a battle as it's a nice good shocker! I myself have personal preferences that would change one or two things:

Drop warriors down to 15 apiece, buff up to 15 executioners. The RBT's may find themselves left all alone at the back of your advance, and once combat ensues - which it surely will - may be left out of the punch. Though about taking a war hydra instead, not as strong as a bolt, another terror causer which may have more oppurtunity to do more damage. Chariots can often be quite slow so be weary of their inability to march! Harpies im assuming will be anti war machine crew? Might keep your forces alive a little longer during the march.

Take the sword of might off the general in the chariot and give him crimson death with the points from removing the warriors, this way any tougher foes your S% chariot may struggle a little with will be that extra bit easier to soften up as most of your army has a max. S5 restriction.

-The Bleak Assassin-
Old 08 Sep 2006, 21:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I'll get back to you when I read the 7th Ed rukles (picking it up tonight)

One thing I'm not sold on is the SB-less Executioners. Although I'm not the biggest fan of Exes, it seems to me that they would benefit most from a SB. My view on them is that they have to break the enemy on the charge, and the extra +1 CR might go a long way in doing so. Of course, with the list as is, you could take the BSB out of the chariot and into the Exes. (If the rumors of BSB+SB=+2 CR are true, then I'm doubly of the opinion that the Exes need a SB.)
Old 09 Sep 2006, 02:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

high sorceress darkstar cloak, 2 dispel scroll ,seal of ghrond 350pts

noble BSB HA SDC sword of might 125pts
(in chariot )

beast master lance LA SDC manticore 242pts

warriors spears shields 19 musician standard lording 177pts

warriors spears shields 20 musician standard lording 185pts

chariot spears 97pts

chariot spears 97pts

harpies 5 65pts

RBT 2 200pts

dark riders 5 RxB musician 127pts

cold one knights 6 champ 192pts

executioners 12 draich master 144pts

total 2001pts

Im one pt over dont know what to drop ?
I cant give a BSB a nonmagic weapon so no halbred .

a SB pluse the BSB togehter woudl be a nice combo but how do i screen them from not get shot to bitz with so many pts in one unit ?and i would need a champ in there to accept challages.

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 10 Sep 2006, 22:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank

a SB pluse the BSB togehter woudl be a nice combo but how do i screen them from not get shot to bitz with so many pts in one unit ?and i would need a champ in there to accept challages.
true, and you'd have to totally rework the list.

Anyhow, for missile screening, look for advantageous terrain during deployment. My first choice of missile screeners would be Corsairs, almost by default. I realize that it does this list no good, but 4+ vs missile fire shouldn't be scoffed at. If you're feeling really insecure about ti, line the Corsairs up in one wide rank. They may be screwed in CC due to lack of ranks, but if they're primarily for missile screening they were kind of expendable anyway.

As for what you HAVE in the list, harpies might work in a pinch, and at 65 pts they're the only cheap unit available to you. The spear warriors might not be a bad option if you have a lot of open space to maneuver.

Of course, with the harpies and the manticore, you could just try to take the initiative and get their shooters stuck in combat. If the manticore is going up against low-Ld troops who aren't Imm2Psych, they'll probably just run off the table altogether.