Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

skaven army list
Closed Thread
Old 30 Aug 2006, 23:42   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default skaven army list

right heres my first list so go easy on me this is all the models i have at the moment so i wont be able to change or add anything,i am planning on getting a couple of units of slaves and maybe some gutter runners but any tips on wat i should get next would be great thanks in advance

warlord with blade of black fury talisman of protection and warpstone armour 190 pts

grey seer with tenebrous cloak,warp scroll,dispell scroll and biting blade 330pts

warlock engineer with warpblades,warp energy condenser,supercharged acumalator,warplock pistol and skaven brew 135pts

20 clanrats with spears,sheilds,standard,musician and champion 145pts

20 clanrats with hand weapons,sheilds,musician and champion 125pts

giant rat pack 30 pts

rat ogres plus pack masters 50pts

20 plaugemonks with hand weapons with deacon,musician and standard 145pts

total 1150pts
Old 31 Aug 2006, 17:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: skaven army list

Your list is illegal. In games of less than 2000 points you cannot have even one Lord, let alone 2.

I'd simply concentrate on getting more rats in your list. The more bodies the better for skaven!

Get some more clan rat boxes and keep on building!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 31 Aug 2006, 19:12   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstead
Your list is illegal. In games of less than 2000 points you cannot have even one Lord, let alone 2.

I'd simply concentrate on getting more rats in your list. The more bodies the better for skaven!

Get some more clan rat boxes and keep on building!
yeah found that out,yeah will do was planniong maybe another 3 boxes of clanrats and some gutter runners maybe
Old 31 Aug 2006, 23:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Brownmccoy

As I have noticed, you like to spend a lot on your skaven heroes. This is not a great thing to do... They still drop like any other rat. And as a member of the Underempire (the biggest skaven forum on the net) said" For skaven, the best equipment is more rats"... or something along those lines.

Your clanrat units are way too small. 25 should be the minimum unit size for clanrats. 30 is best IMO. Also, spears are near useless, since skaven will more likely than not get the charge, and will want to use the hand weapon shield bonus, for a 4+ armour save.

For the plague monks, buy them warbanner. It will make them win a lot more combats, since they rely on breaking opponents more than any other unit in the skaven army, since they cannot recieve a beating as well, due to the lack of armour (some argue that the T is better). And also, always buy the plague monks an additional hand weapon. This will mean that you will have 16 attacks with your front rank!

And as you know, it's illegal. With skaven, magic weapons are not really worth it (except the fell blade, which serves as a lot of humour). Most of the time it is better to just buy mundane equipment in the way of weapons. I generally make it so only my seers and engineers use magic items. Especially on the grey seer.
Closed Thread