Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New Beginings with the Tomb Kings
Closed Thread
Old 15 Jul 2006, 07:27   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default New Beginings with the Tomb Kings

I am currently playing Necrons and would like to start learning the game of WFB. I wanted to pic an army list based on looks alone and this lead me to the Tomb Kings. I went and read about them on the GW website and like the overview of them. I was hoping that some of you could take a look at my army list and help me out. Bear in mind that I don't have the army book for another couple of days, so please keep the advice and comments basic. Remember that his is an end-all be-all list and is not an overnight project. We are talking finished army here. If you dont' like this approach feel free to write your own smaller list, keep in mind that I am primarily going for the looks and then for the gameplay. Competetiveness is the last priority so a good looking and somewhat fluffy army would be much appriciated. Without further adou, here is my list.

Lord/Hero Choices
-Tomb King(Chariot)
-Liche Priest(Foot)
-Liche Priest(Mounted)

Core Choices
-58 Skeletons(Sword & Shield, Foot)
-38 Skeletons(Bow, Foot)
-16 Skeleton Horsemen(Mounted, Spears)
-15 Skeleton Chariots(Chariot)

Special Choices
-20 Tomb Gaurd(Sword & Shield, Foot, Including a Standard/Musician/Leader I presume)
-3 Ushabati(Foot)
-1 Tomb Scorpion(Foot)

Rare Choices
-1 Bone Giants(Foot)
-1 Screaming Skull Catapault {Do I need it?}

Special Characters
-Settra the Imperishable(Optional to play with, I just really like the model)

Also, if anyone can tell me how many points my list actually comes to, I would really appriciate it(Just for kicks and giggles). Just take everything as base with no upgrades of any kind unless mentioned in the list. Thanks to all who participated.

Steel Skeleton

--Commissar_Will
Old 16 Jul 2006, 20:28   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: New Beginings with the Tomb Kings

As far as I know, Ushabtis have to be fielded in units of at least three... good choice of army, btw, Tomb Kings for the win!

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 16 Jul 2006, 23:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I was afraid something like that might pop up, does it have to be a unit of three or can I take more than that in a single unit? Are all Ushbatis on foot or can you mount them? I think that they look cooler on foot so I will go and revise the list now. Thanks

Steel Skelelton

P.S. I think that they look almost as cool as the Bone Giant so this is a good thing!

--Commissar_Will
Old 16 Jul 2006, 23:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I personally like the Ushabtis better than the Bone Giant... as far as I know (which is precious little when it comes to Tomb Kings) they have to be fielded in units of three but don't have to act as a unit, they can split up (I don't know for sure)... I am certain that you cannot mount Ushabtis...

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 16 Jul 2006, 23:51   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Very cool, I will plan on having three then. Does nobody else ever check this forum? It is pretty well hidden...

Steel Skeleton

P.S. What race/s do you play? Or do you play WFB?

--Commissar_Will
Old 17 Jul 2006, 01:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I am actually a newcomer to Warhammer Fantasy and, guess what, I'm starting Tomb Kings! But what I have read on other forums is the extent of my knowledge...

Quote:
Old 17 Jul 2006, 15:36   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Ahh, very cool. It may be a while before I can start building my army as I still have to finish my Necrons but I will eventualy have a Tomb Kings army. It will be a proud day indeed! Commanding all of those dead piles of bones.

Steel Skeleton

--Commissar_Will
Old 17 Jul 2006, 17:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash

I think the minimum unit size for Ushabti is 3...seeing as how I've never seen a unit of them smaller than that.

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Old 17 Jul 2006, 17:46   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

But can you take more than three? I don't know whether or not I would but it never hurts to be informed.

Steel Skeleton

--Commissar_Will
Old 17 Jul 2006, 17:56   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Skeleton
But can you take more than three? I don't know whether or not I would but it never hurts to be informed.

Steel Skeleton
Sure you can...you can have as many as you have Special choices in the army size...as long as they are fielded in units of 3+. They're basically an Ogre-level monster unit.

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Closed Thread