Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Starting Tomb Kings
Closed Thread
Old 29 Jun 2006, 16:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Starting Tomb Kings

Is there anything specific I should do with Tomb Kings? Anything I really need for my army? What are the army requirements for a Fantasy Army? Is it a Lord/Hero and 2 Core?

For the army, I am really liking the Ushabtis and the Casket of Souls, although I may just buy the Battalion and go from there... Suggestions?

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 30 Jun 2006, 15:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Starting Tomb Kings

The battalion is a good start... you will still need to buy a liche priest and a tomb king/prince so you'd be looking at approx 80 (including army book) to get started

as to ushtabi... hard hitting, but tomb scorpions are better. Caskets nice.... (horrible to face with gobbos!) but expensive points wise

Old 30 Jun 2006, 16:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Do scorpions come in units? I know you can put Ushabtis in units... how are they in ponts cost? What is the deal with the casket?

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 01 Jul 2006, 22:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Delvaurius

It all depends upon your play style, chilledenuff is perfectly right, you should get battalion, liche priest - comes in twos, one mounted on on foot - and prince.

If you like to be a little more defensive with some nasty war machines a screaming skull ctapult is awesome. With skulls of the foe it causes terror amongst enemy ranks - perfect for low Ld armies like skaven or goblins, though darned powerfull against anyone else. Liche priest incantations are a little different to other spell casters and work on a different system, but the incantations are potent - and you could make the SSC fire twice in one turn - Nasty!

If you like assaulting there are many options open to you - vast and powerfull.
Ushabti These guys pack quite a nasty punch, with very good strength and a fair toughness and wounds - though dont thinkn they are invincible, a little artillery will make a dent. They are forboding though, scary and undead constructs, causing fear and with your priests you can even rgenerate their wound and bring em back to life. Be carefull in combat - when they get ovewhelmed they loose wounds - and fast due to undead rules.
Scropions Underground rules allow them to hit the enemy quickly, though it isnt without risk. Above ground they are pretty fast and are even tougher than ushabti. Good strong poisoned attacks with a killing blow ability means that few will stand up to their onslaught.
Giant The more he kills, the more he kills, the more he kills, etc. The cycle is endless and on one charge he could take out the entire enemy opposition - strong tough and ruthless, hes a little costly, but nasty!

The Casket has some nasty rules that mean it has the poential to cuase damage to virtually every unit in your opponents army, and is awesome against low Ld armies, especialy goblins and skaven - yet again.

You'll soon learn Tomb Kings are an individual completely unique army, one I plan on collecting next!

-The Bleak Assassin-
Old 01 Jul 2006, 22:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

The list of buying is complete! (What do you think?)

Tomb Kings Battalion (16 Skeletons, 16 Archers, 3 Chariots and 8 Horsemen)
Liche Priest x2 (1 mounted)
Skeleton Chariots x3
Ushabti x3
Tomb King Riding Chariot
Skeleton Regiment (16 Skeletons)
Tomb Guard and Command (10 Tomb Guard and Command)
Screaming Skull Catapult

(I plan on making the Tutankhanut model, he looks badass)

Quote:
Old 03 Jul 2006, 15:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Looks a good starting point for a powerful army.... how many points?

Old 04 Jul 2006, 00:53   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I actually don't know, as I don't have the army book, but it seems to be a good sized force... Can the mounted Liche Priest be attached to the squad of horsemen?

Quote:
Old 04 Jul 2006, 04:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminatus
I actually don't know, as I don't have the army book, but it seems to be a good sized force... Can the mounted Liche Priest be attached to the squad of horsemen?
I think he'd cause them to lose their Fast Cavalry because he doesn't have the rule himself...but he'd still be able to join them in any case. If they were of the heavier variety, they don't even have this in the first place

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Old 04 Jul 2006, 23:08   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

What exactly does that rule do? (if you can't say here, just PM me) On the same note, if I attach a Tomb King/Prince on a chariot to a unit of chariots, are they affected negatively?

Quote:
Old 05 Jul 2006, 23:03   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Siruk

If you attach a prince/king to a chariots unit its a bonus, since it gives them a magic wielder that is usually ignored, I suggest just keeping the person at prince level to attach to the chariots, the king can be fielded on his own with the right equipment.

I also suggest keeping your priests out of units and rather placed behind them, i made the mistake of putting my hierophant in a unit, and he got poleaxed in CC.

A casket can be very useful, or it cant be, it all depends on your dice roll and if the enemy gets rid of it, but if used correctly and with a bit of luck, it can be deadly (I once destroyed 5 siege engines, an anvil of doom, a gyropter, some miners, and about 20 other dwarfs, all in one battle )

But beware, placement is key, and if you are using the casket, make sure you keep your army line solid and near to it, once you leave it on its own, it becomes ineffective.

Closed Thread