Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

empire
Closed Thread
Old 24 Jun 2006, 20:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90
Default empire

ok i just got the sudden urge to break out my old empire and repaint them, but I dont think i want to be main stream Empire. I havent played in ages and was wondering if i can make them kinda like dogs of war mercs, but with not much converting or anything. Just keeping the old Empire models and such. And also what set of rules are they on, im not sure what edition fantasy is on, and am wondering if out old rule book is the current one.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Old 24 Jun 2006, 23:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash
Default Re: empire

There's a new rulebook coming out shortly.

Dogs of War provisional army lists are available on most versions of the Games Workshop website, though from memory the British edition is the most comprehensive.

Modelling them so that they look different to the normal Empire units is a good start, as is changing their weapons to look more like pikes than spears or halberds. Crossbowmen are also vital.

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Old 25 Jun 2006, 04:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

K thnxs for the advise, im repainting them Liche purple and Bleached Bone, like the Mordennheim ( sp?)* blue and white.* And Sun burst yellow shafted spears with* BLood red tafts of cloth.* and Mithril* silver armour and black boots, and bronzed flesh...well flesh lol.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Old 26 Jun 2006, 03:44   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well, if you want to stick with the Empire book and still want to merc it up, you can always either:

*Use the Marienburg variant list in the back (which also suits merc armies in the Empire proper)

or

*use the regular list but restricting the choices taken to match those seen in the above variant list.

Hopefully, the new Empire book will facilitate variant forces (I'd love to see an IG-style Doctrine system) and there may be a new DoW pdf for 7th ed as well.

Gary

Gue'senshi: The 1st Kleistian Grenadiers(edited on 06 April 2006)
v7.3 pdf

Human armed forces for the greater good.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 07:08   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

ya i think im just going t stick with empire, i already am getting all my empire stuff back from peopel who had them, and i have an empire cannon, a mortar, spear men handgunners, knights, and a captian. I think tahts all i have right now. I have to go and get all of it back. oh ya the codex to lol.

Beastlord Gorthor

Closed Thread