Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Starting Bretonnian Army...
Closed Thread
Old 03 May 2006, 22:28   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Shas O Kirua Kais Shi
Default Starting Bretonnian Army...

As the title says, I'm starting a Bretonnian army. I just got the army book, and might get a pack of knights this weekend. I was thinking of a couple Paladins(on Pegasi), 2 units of knights, and unit of 4 pegasus knights to start of with. Any suggestions or comments?
Old 04 May 2006, 00:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to The Mothman
Default Re: Starting Bretonnian Army...

Hey mate.
I have played as the wonderful Brettes.
I would suggest NOT using magic, as that is not the strong point of the Brettes.
Load up on Bowmen. They are cheap, and will blacken the sky with their bows.
And Knights. LOTS of knights.

Hope to see you around,

The Mothman
Old 04 May 2006, 15:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Try starting with the bretonian battle force.

Gets you a unit of knights, a unit of flying knights and lots of fodder men-at-arms and bowmen.

Offensivley bretonian magic isn't that great but definsivley they're a pain the tail (Skaven player).

Lots of knights are good, and bowmen give excellent bang for thier points value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 04 Sep 2006, 14:55   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Hello, I wanted to start up Warhammer Fantasy Battle with a Brettonian Army as well. But I thought at an infantry-based army, at a rather historical ratio from riders to peasants of about 1:10. I have neither a rulebook, nor a codex so I don't know any rulish things, but from what I heard and read Brettonia is a heavy-cavalary army (about the opposite of what I wanted to play). So my question is: is a Brettonian infantry army realistic (i.e. playable without mayor problems) in Warhammer Fantasy?
I thought at maybe starting with another race, as Lizardmen or Wood Elves, but then again I love the theme of a mediaeval army too much.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 16:26   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A
Hello, I wanted to start up Warhammer Fantasy Battle with a Brettonian Army as well. But I thought at an infantry-based army, at a rather historical ratio from riders to peasants of about 1:10. I have neither a rulebook, nor a codex so I don't know any rulish things, but from what I heard and read Brettonia is a heavy-cavalary army (about the opposite of what I wanted to play). So my question is: is a Brettonian infantry army realistic (i.e. playable without mayor problems) in Warhammer Fantasy?
I thought at maybe starting with another race, as Lizardmen or Wood Elves, but then again I love the theme of a mediaeval army too much.
I don't think a footslogging brettonian army would work at all, a lot of bretonnia lists I see have NO infantry at all. Perhaps try looking at an empire army?
Old 12 Sep 2006, 14:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i see no reason why a bret footslogger army would not work that well, you'll have more units, perhaps on par with skaven maybe a knight unit or two, but make sure you have a paladin in those units a pitiful ld 5 wont do much for ya.

maybe like with

block of peasents <12" max> block of peasents <12" max> blockof peasents
w/paladin or lord

Archer Block Archer Block Archer block Archer block

have the archers of units about 20 strong and the peasent's of 25 - 30, maybe bang in a trebuchet or two and a unit of knights of the realm, as you have to have at least one of these, maybe a second one but other than that this would be a fun army i think. plus you cnt go wrong with 60 shots, alltho this is the minimun that i ever feild archer wise in 1 or 2 units, i just love them.

Join the newly formed Hellcats squadron as they attempt to battle the terrorist mecha of the GRA in a post-global war Earth! This unique RPG uses an alternate timeline to the Macross series, so no prior knowledge of Macross is required. So grab your transforming Veritech mecha, hit the link and join in
Closed Thread