Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

starting brets, can somone give me some tips?
Closed Thread
Old 07 Apr 2006, 00:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Yoriaki
Default starting brets, can somone give me some tips?

hello, im going to be starting a bretonian army soon, i was wondering what units should be used more than others, and what units should i use less or not at all.

also, could somone post up a few sample lists for me to get a general idea of how brets play?
i dont have a clue, i only picked them for the models.

If your taught to love everyone, even your enemies, then what value is put on love?
Old 07 Apr 2006, 13:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Delvaurius
Default Re: starting brets, can somone give me some tips?

I suggest you try the GW site: http://uk.games-workshop.com/bretonn...ing-started/1/

I quite like entire cavalry armies with bretonia, for the fluff of it and how cool it looks on the table: Fast and powerfull, but rather expensive. Pegasai knights are utterly fantastic!

-The Bleak Assassin-
Old 07 Apr 2006, 15:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Two Words: [glow=red,2,300][size=10pt][size=10pt]GRAIL KNIGHTS[/size][/size][/glow]

These guys are the best shock cavalry in the game.

On the charge they're better than Chosen Chaos knights and when led by a Character or two and accompanied by a Damsel/prophetess they get even better.

Then add in some of the fantastic Bretonian magic banners and yeah...

One expensive unit, but if it charges it will annhilate most any foe.

However don't go overboard with them or you'll find one unit is a quater of your army!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 05 May 2006, 21:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Shas O Kirua Kais Shi

I'm starting Bretonnia too, and I plan on an all Knight army. I'd suggest at least 1 Pegasus Knight Squad, along with the mandatory Knights of the Realm regiment. Grail Knights are awsome, with a 6+ Ward save and Immune to Psychology!
Old 07 May 2006, 11:26   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Bash

I can assure you that all-cavalry forces for Bretonnia are exceedingly powerful, even if quite difficult to master than the normal infantry-based armies you're used to.

It took me quite a while to go from armies without any fast troops to an army without slow forces...but I got the hang of it

And yes...an army without Grail Knights is like a Dwarf without a beard

Currently playing: Imperial Guard in 40k, Chaos in Fantasy
Old 07 May 2006, 12:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

if you actually want to go with a fluffy vret army only have 1 or 2 knights of the realm, 1 questing and 1 grail knight units, try to have as many peasents as you can, remember in brettonia there is a massive difference between the amounts of "lords" and serfs, the serfs being more numerous, i actually find it a more potent army if you have 3 units of men at arms of 16 and a unit of 30+ archers ( >im the bane of my regular HE player cos i take his thunder).

the problem with only knight armies is they need to route the enemy on the first turn, if they stay in combat past the first turn they are dead, unless you can get the cheaper more numerous troops in aswell, plus use the M@A'a as protection for a trebuchet and ya mages and archers. [glow=red,2,300]The Fay is a must in every battle where spec charectors are allowed!!![/glow] as she increases ya ward save to 5 as standard and you can get a bound spell off every turn unless you get cassandora, oohhhweee thats powerful

Join the newly formed Hellcats squadron as they attempt to battle the terrorist mecha of the GRA in a post-global war Earth! This unique RPG uses an alternate timeline to the Macross series, so no prior knowledge of Macross is required. So grab your transforming Veritech mecha, hit the link and join in
Old 09 May 2006, 10:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Argh, no peasants in bretonia army!! Take as much pegasus knights as you can, along with grail knights questing knights, some 6 man KoR units couse they are cheap and for their price they can make serious flank impact. If you really need to, take trebuchet, but enemy will usually take it out with some flyers or such, You can theoreticaly buy some peasants to defand it, but why do such? You're knight, you need to atack! ;D

So:
-no peasants
-big units of grail knights and questing knights
-6 man KoR units
-pagasus knights, 2 units if you can, but one at least!
-no more then 2 magicans, filled up with dispel scrolls

And that's it
Old 29 May 2006, 21:54   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i disagree i think you need to have peasents in a bret army, first they are some of the cheapest cannon fodder around and the bowmen have a longbow as stanard and the defensive stakes which definetly makes them worth while

Join the newly formed Hellcats squadron as they attempt to battle the terrorist mecha of the GRA in a post-global war Earth! This unique RPG uses an alternate timeline to the Macross series, so no prior knowledge of Macross is required. So grab your transforming Veritech mecha, hit the link and join in
Old 29 May 2006, 22:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

All-knight armies are boring. I've tried it; I know. Take peasants to spice things up a bit. They are actually pretty good; my men-at-arms pull attention from my knights, and soak up all sorts of nasty magic missiles. They make for a much more interesting game.

Grail Knights are overkill most of the time, by the way. Realm Knights will do the same job just as well, and will be able to take more damage to boot (more figures with simular resistance to damage).

Golden rule; do not take lots of pegasus knights. If you do, it won't be long before you find people refusing to play you...
Old 31 May 2006, 16:25   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

ah a fellow bretonian palyer ;D

it all depends on your style but i play a flying circus(take a lord on pegasus and 0-1 on pegasus knights is removed) and i have NEVER lost with them.
oh actually i did lose once to dwarfs. i forgot to take the blessing of the lady and they hit me with alot of artillery

Quote from: The Hawk on Today at 08:06:41 PM
Wow cheeseman you are the best TO member by far!!
Closed Thread