Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Kais
Default Re: Uber Magicky Slaanesh army. 1000 pts

omg not a single view? harsh

>>Latest Sig<<
Old 19 Mar 2006, 21:59   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Too few troops in my opinion. Then again, I play Tzeentch (take a peak at my Chaos Lord Ideas page) so I can't really talk. Maybe the Chosen and a big unit of Marauders?
Old 20 Mar 2006, 19:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I would do but I Hate marauders. besides that, a unit of 20 beaton by 12 skeletons...they really are a bit rubbish

>>Latest Sig<<
Old 21 Mar 2006, 22:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well, I can't blame you there. I hate all Marauders that aren't of the light cavalry variety. Mostly because the Chaos Warriors and Chaos Knights are so great looking!
Old 21 Mar 2006, 23:46   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

That is one army that is going to die before you can blink.

You need more models.

Make the chosen into regular chaos warriors, this way you can afford more of them.
In a 1000 point game they'll still outclass any enemy troops.

Also seriously you're army doesn't have that much magic in it. You have a total of 7 power and 5 dispell dice. Good but not the be and and end all. Imgaine if you had to fight this Skaven army

Warlock Engineer w/ upgraded warp energy condenser, superchareged warp power accumulator, warp blades, storm daemon

Warlock Engineer w/ upgraded warp energy condenser, superchareged warp power accumulator, warp blades, dispell scroll

Warlock Engineer w/ upgraded warp energy condenser, superchareged warp power accumulator, warp blades, dispell scroll

30 Clanrats w/ command, ratling gun

30 Clanrats w/ command, ratling gun

2 Giant rat packs

2 Giant rat packs

40 Skavenslaves

Total: 1000

Now your army with 31 guys is facing down 119 enemy models. Allow me to reiterate that 119 enemies. That means you're outnumbered 3.8:1.

Also the only thing in your army with any speed are the five chaos hounds. Even if they make it into combat without being blasted apart they'll do nothing other than kill a couple enemies before running with their tails between their legs.

While the Chaos hounds embarass themselves the warriors will be trudging forward with targets painted on them.

You're 7/5 dice and one dispell scroll in the magic phase are outclassed by a lot.

The skaven will have 8 Power dice, a powerlevel 3 bound spell, 5 dispell dice and 2 dispell scrolls.

Even if you dispell 2 warp lightning blasts a turn, getting hit by even one of them will hurt at 2D6 strength 5 hits.

And then once you're within 15" you have to worry about the ratling guns....

That army list I posted is just one of many enemy armies that your list would have no hope of countering. In a 1000 point game I would recomend against having more than one chaos character, it just leaves with too few points to spend on warriors who cost so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 16:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

well, what im going for is the point that slaanesh magic is great. Im going for a hard-hitting strong-stuff army. If i wanted lots of models i'd take a unit of 20 marauders, but frankly, they are awful.

>>Latest Sig<<
Old 22 Mar 2006, 17:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Slanesh magic is very good, but it won't win the game for this army.

You just don't have enough models in there to actually survive any enemy shooting of magic.
Even if you do get into combat it will be very easy for your opponent to outnumber and surround you and with a fairly average overall leadership you will probably be fleeing combat if you lose by more than one point.

I would recomend taking out 1 wizard and the chosen and using all the points that that frees up for more regular Chaos Warriors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 21:11   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I have an alternate list that has one Sorceror and more CC stuff, ill post it tomorrow

-Kais

>>Latest Sig<<
Closed Thread