Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Fluff points towards a new Race!
Closed Thread
Old 09 Mar 2006, 21:46   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to The Mothman
Default Fluff points towards a new Race!

In the Lizardmen armybook, on the timeline page, it talks about a a temple city falling into the World Pond.
It then states that a race of underwater dwellers have taken up living in the city.

This fluff points towards a new race. Cephilids! Please be Cephilids! (I have an all Cephilid deck in Magic the Gathering)

The Magical Mothman
Old 09 Mar 2006, 22:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Fluff points towards a new Race!

Nothing is really mentioned. Chances are it is some chaos tainted race.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 00:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

It says a race is living under the sea in Chupatoyol.

Any why does every one blame everytihng on Chaos? I mean, c'mon! It has got to be Squid people! or fish people ect. That would be a great army!

Old 10 Mar 2006, 01:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

not really. How exactly would they fight Tomb Kings, or Ogre Kingdoms?
Old 10 Mar 2006, 01:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

They live in all deeo rivers and such. All rivers lead to the World Pond some how.

Octopi screte a flim that keeps the moisture in for upto to 12 hours. Now a race of Squidpeople should do the same thing, and venture forth from Oasises to stike against the Tomb Kings.

And I have scene the Octopus thing, several times. It is really quite amazing, watching an octopus 'crawl' across the grass.

The Mothman
Old 10 Mar 2006, 07:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

That's interesting. But thinking a little more laterally and stealing an idea from VC's. Why not have them be able to survive with 'some' water? Like The Vamps have their cloud cover to block the sun, why can't there be a race to cause it to rain wherever they are on land?
Old 10 Mar 2006, 08:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Commissar Elvis Send a message via MSN to Commissar Elvis

I think the realities of modern business should be mentioned here. Ogre Kingdoms have been out barely a year and with the new Dwarves and new Tau, Eldar and Ork models coming out (yes, I realize those aren't WHFB) soon I just don't see it happening, especially something as *ahem* esoteric as "squid people."

They haven't made models (nor Army Book) for Chaos Dwarves in about a decade, the Norse longer. So why would they realize an entirely new race based on a small mention of them in fluff from an army book that's been out a few years already?

Sorry to be a joykill, but I just don't see the reality here. And I should probably go on record as saying I have a seething hatred for CCGs, but it might not be relevant. :P

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, cross the Kosmos, 'ere we go, 'ere we go, throo infinity.
Don't know where we're goin' til we get there. 'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go!
Old 10 Mar 2006, 16:11   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Elvis

Sorry to be a joykill, but I just don't see the reality here. And I should probably go on record as saying I have a seething hatred for CCGs, but it might not be relevant. :P
Nah I think that's perfectly reasonable.

There has been several small mentions of an underwater acquatic race before. I think there MIGHT be one in the Dark Elves book, and there was some allusion to them around the time of Albion.

However they certainly SHOULDN'T be expanded into a full race. A Regiment or Renown, perhaps, it they're really at a loss for ideas.

As for making them "Cephalids" which you say are from magic the gathering, NO.
Warhammer takes place in it's own unique world, and it has nothing to do with Magic The Gathering.

If you really want to use an army of squid people just use the "Counts as" rule. Maybe have them "Count as" Skinks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 21:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Elcampbello

Oh dear god no. They need to do dogs of war an evil dwarves first. Then get rid of oger kingdoms, t'was a silly idea.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 22:20   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

TYhe Ogre Kingdoms make perfect sense. I like them honestly