Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1500 Point Ogre list - feedback please
Closed Thread
Old 06 Mar 2006, 17:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default 1500 Point Ogre list - feedback please

So I'm thinking about making an Ogre army so I actually have a playable force because my Skaven aren't going to be assembled and painted any time soon.
Too many rats... so much filthy filthy vermin. I can hear their claws scrabbling inside my head their squeaking fills my dreams...

*AHEM*

Anyways like I said I'm thinking about starting up an Ogre army since they're pretty easy to assmeble and paint quickly and are still a tactically interesting force to play. I used this list once in a proxy game against my friend and was quite pleased with it but I was wondering if anyone might have some advice.

Ogre Bruiser w/ cathayian long sword, 2 luck gnoblars, heavy armour, Mawseeker, Jade lion, Enchanted shield

Butcher w/ 2 tooth gnoblars, dispel magic scroll

7 Bulls w/ light armour, iron fists, Standard bearer and bellower

5 Iron Guts w/ heavy armour, great weapons, standard bearer, bellower, gutlord, lookout gnoblar

20 Gnoblars w/ hand weapons and sharp stuff

4 Bulls w/ iron fists, light armour

4 Lead Belchers w/ hand weapons, light armour, leadbelcher cannons

Gorger

Total: 1500

Basically the Bruiser goes in the big unit of bulls bringing them up to 8 and giving them a rank bonus IF they reach combat without taking casualties.
The unit is pretty mean on the charge with 3 Strength 5 impact hits and one strength 6 impact hit. The bruiser can do a lot of damage and take even more with 4 wounds toughness 6 and a 3+ save (with two re-rolls)
The butcher hangs out between units lending his magic where I need it.

The ironguts can charge into and slaughter just about anything. I always try to challenge with the gutlord because a unit champion with 4 Strength 6 attacks is hilarious.

The leadbelchers and smaller ogre unit hang out on the flanks. The belchers will fire at any heavy cav or other serious threat while the small unit of bulls will try to work with the gnoblars to gain advantage of their rank bonus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 09:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Commissar Elvis Send a message via MSN to Commissar Elvis
Default Re: 1500 Point Ogre list - feedback please

This looks like a pretty solid list to me. I'm not familiar with the magic items as I sold my army book awhile back (and I'm across the world from where it'd be right now) but I remember the basics. You seem to have all your bases covered, it's fluffy enough (i.e. you took Gnoblars), you've got a decent magic base.

This seems like a pretty well-rounded "all comers" list. I didn't like OKs at first but they quickly grew on me. This is a great army that, while definitely strong, isn't overpowered. I started collecting them for the same reason you did - low model count. While, if I may so myself, I paint rather well I also paint rather SLOWLY. So if I can whip up 25 Ogre models and have a 1500 pt. force, I'm digging it.

In future, though, why not play around with taking a Tyrant instead of a bruiser just to see how it works out? I'd be curious, anyway, and I'd like to hear about your experiences with this list and your OK army.

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, cross the Kosmos, 'ere we go, 'ere we go, throo infinity.
Don't know where we're goin' til we get there. 'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go!
Old 10 Mar 2006, 16:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: 1500 Point Ogre list - feedback please

Thanks for the reply!

I can't take a tyrant in this list because its only 1500 points, not 2000.

As for magic items they're pretty straightforward. Esentially my Bruiser is stupid, tougness 6 and he and his unit can re-roll pyschology tests (including stupidity)

He makes for an effective hero with 4 wounds, tougness 6 and a 3+ save. However his lack of a magic weapon is a bit of a problem (I fought an undead army with a huge unit of spirit hosts and was at something of a loss.)

I think I will try to make this army though, but not until I'm happy with my Tau. So probably in a month or 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Closed Thread