Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Warhammer: Character Rules Q&A
Closed Thread
Old 13 Dec 2005, 00:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Warhammer: Character Rules Q&A

I have been told various judgements about the ruling on characters, and wanted to know what the truth is. I've been told by some people that even if a Lord also takes up a Hero choice, he only counts as 1 Character. Where as, I've also been told that they count as a Character a piece, therefore 2. I wanted to know which is correct. I am highly confused and really want to know so I don't screw someone in a game.

Thanks for any help. Can you please site the rulings(page #), so I can see them for myself and correct some of my friends.

"We are the might of Tau'va and the Aun. Our might knows no bounds and our Technology can overcome any foe. We are the Omega Cadre and we conquer in the name of TAU'VA!!!!" Common pre-engagement encouragement from Shas'Ui of the Omega Cadre before battle commences.
Old 13 Dec 2005, 16:11   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe
Default Re: Warhammer: Character Rules Q&A

If they count as alord and a hero, they obviously take up two slots, else there would be no point to that rule.

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 14 Dec 2005, 11:19   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Some units, such as Black Orc Warbosses, are a Lord and Hero, thus count as two Characters.

If they are just a Lord, they count as one character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 14 Dec 2005, 23:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks a lot. I was just curious because I've been told by some people that because they represent one character they only take up one character slot.

"We are the might of Tau'va and the Aun. Our might knows no bounds and our Technology can overcome any foe. We are the Omega Cadre and we conquer in the name of TAU'VA!!!!" Common pre-engagement encouragement from Shas'Ui of the Omega Cadre before battle commences.
Old 15 Dec 2005, 13:43   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Question answered, topic locked!
And this should be in the Fantasy board. :P