Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Empire or Chaos Army? (For a newbie!)
Closed Thread
Old 11 Oct 2005, 17:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Empire or Chaos Army? (For a newbie!)

I vaguly considered a small, as in EXTREMELY small, as in a couple hundred points, Warhammer army, and I narrowed it down to two choices. I like the Empire Spearmen and such models, but I hate the sorcerers and such, so a strickly regimental Empire army. Or...
A chaos Marauder army, consisting of Maraurders and a Champion in armour, like a converted Chaos warrior, or an actual Champion. Also, some maruader Horsemen. These armys will most likely just for the fun of painting and showcasing, so I won't devote lots of cash, but instead, lots of time... I also want the maruader head with the beard for 40k IG... thats the whole reason I got caught up in the Fantasy whirl. ALthough I probably would've chosen Empire off the bat, I already have 2 loyal army's in 40k, and Chaos is whispering in my ear about its cool models. Please help.
Another Matter of discussion... Which god to devote the Marauders to?
I was thinking Tzeentech, but I am not to crazy on Physcics, or maybe Khorne. Nurgle and Slaneesh are a little... well, wierd, and wouldn't fit well with Marauders. Or maybe... Chaos undivided? I like black undercoats, if you catch my drift.

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 11 Oct 2005, 19:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to PrdiG
Default Re: Empire or Chaos Army? (For a newbie!)

I would defenetly go for Chaos. I don't have a Chaos army myself (only Tau for now), but I do find their units look really cool, especially the Daemon Prince. I would personally go for Chaos undivided.

Death is only the beginning. It is a gateway accessing the unknown, and, sooner-or-later, we will all cross over.
Old 11 Oct 2005, 21:43   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe

Soldier! Your Empire Needs You!!!!

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 11 Oct 2005, 21:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ahh! Decisions! I feel the pull towards the dark gods, but duty calls! I still haven't made my decision, but some Online store viewing will probably swing my feeling. Thanks.

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 12 Oct 2005, 15:51   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Location: I live in the real world, a place you will never see, since you are stuck in a prison: a prison before your mind, a prison i like to call: The Matrix. You're not missing much.
Send a message via MSN to i dont play 40k

You want a marauder army - then you'll have to go undivided. I don't really see why you would want to anyway though, there are plenty of other really good aspects of chaos. Warriors are very customisable, and the sheer strenght of chaos knights always leads to interesting games. The daemons are also very useful, especially when used in combination with mortals, leading to some very tactiful armies. Marauders are probably one of the most boring units in the entire chaos horde.

As for empire, try to make sure you get a nice balanced force, as individually most empire units aren't incredibly strong, but a collectively well balanced force is deadly.

As for looks, chaos allows for a lot more conversions, and looks good no matter what size army you have, though for large armies empire looks very impressive.
Old 12 Oct 2005, 21:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I would personally go for chaos and the marauder force sounds cool. Remember that marauders cannot be given a mark of chaos. Of course you can still model them based on a particular god but that does not change their rules at all.
Old 12 Oct 2005, 22:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I forgot to mention this, but this army isn't for gaming. Maybe I will play with it, but i just want the models, and maybe hints like preamen or swordsmen. But thank you very much anyways...

I am leaning towards Empire, but it will cost more as I will need apprx. 5 more paints to get the look I am goin for. Its the one from "How to paint Citadel Miniatures". Chaos also looks good, because it will provide low cost for paints. Probably anotehr day or so of thinking.
Remember... Modelling!
Thanks.

Old 13 Oct 2005, 15:34   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Location: I live in the real world, a place you will never see, since you are stuck in a prison: a prison before your mind, a prison i like to call: The Matrix. You're not missing much.
Send a message via MSN to i dont play 40k

Chaos Spawn, one of the coolest models in the game. You could get some nice conversions with a couple of units of marauders. Go chaos.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 22:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

I've chosen CHAOS and EMPIRE!! I would've chosen one, but I think one regiment each to start, just to paint, and then maybe even make two basic armys, using two regimnets and an HQ each. Thank you all for the comments and suggestions, you helped me make my final decision.

I vaguely feel like I wasted a topic... No matter...

Old 14 Oct 2005, 07:52   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Well personally I'd say Empire, because you can easily add the greatest army in the game, Dogs of War, with little disruption to the overall look!

Mercenary pikemen look awesome in an Empire army, as do Ogres. Stick 'em in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Closed Thread