Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tzeench Daemonic Legion
Closed Thread
Old 30 Sep 2005, 18:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Tzeench Daemonic Legion

I want to start a Tzeench daemonic legion. I havent been playing fantasy for long, but i thought that this would be an interesting army to play. I have a list:

Greater Daemon of Tzeench

Exalted daemon w/ Mark of Tzeench, Blade of the Ether

2X 10 Horrors

Flamers (5)

Changebringers (4)

Screamers (4)

Chariot of tzeench

Total: ~1983 Points

Now I know that this list only has 36 models, but everything has a purpose. I wanted some variety in the list, so I took the minimum core choices so that I could include everything else. Any feedback?
Old 01 Oct 2005, 17:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Location: I live in the real world, a place you will never see, since you are stuck in a prison: a prison before your mind, a prison i like to call: The Matrix. You're not missing much.
Send a message via MSN to i dont play 40k
Default Re: Tzeench Daemonic Legion

Firstly, I make your army out to be 1992 points. Your army is actually quite good, though it has two main problems:
1) As you have already said, there are too few models.
2) The models which you do have aren't particularly tough.
Individually, these problems don't always pose too much of a problem, though together they can leave an army extremely venerable.

The first change I would make is to scrap the chariot. It really isn't that tough for its points cost. Also, scrap the blade of the ether and replace it with Diabolic Splendour and Master of Sorcery. You only want to get this into combat with weak opponents, you can do much more damage dominating them magically. Most weak opponents won't have armour safes of anything better than a 3+ (5+ after strength modifiers). Use the remaining points to upgrade the ward safe to a 4+ and better magic. You have a nice number of horrors in there, and a small skirmishing group of flamers could survive long enough to mess up the opponents lines. This is when I would suggest adding 4 screamers, giving you a nice strong and flexible unit to send straight at the opponent, relieving pressure on your more combat-venerable units. Having a small unit of changebringers is good, as you don't want them to draw too much attention until they get closer to their lines, meaning that I would use the last few points to add a flamer. This gives you a total score of 2004 pts.

Well, that's my opinion anyway :P
Old 06 Oct 2005, 21:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks for the helpful input. I will reconsider the blade of the ether. Maybe I will add in the 5th screamer instead. About the chariot thought, it has strength 4 impact hits, 8 strength 4 attacks, and 2D6 shots from the flamers. It also has a normal save and a ward save. It also flies! I think that it is well worth its points.
Old 07 Oct 2005, 15:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Location: I live in the real world, a place you will never see, since you are stuck in a prison: a prison before your mind, a prison i like to call: The Matrix. You're not missing much.

Strength 4 for a chariot isn't really that great, as you only get D6 of them. 8 S4 attacks are okay, but at BS2 it isn't really that great. I never knew that they could shoot though - what's the strength and BS?
Old 07 Oct 2005, 17:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Each Flamer can fire in the shooting phase. It counts as a thrown weapon that is flaming. I know that I cant post stats, so it has a range of 1/3 that of a bow and the same strength as a bow. Each model fires D6 bolts (hence the 2D6 from the chariot). I find that this charior is a great mage and war machine hunter.
Old 09 Oct 2005, 13:08   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

In that case keep it, just be very careful in how you use it, as once in combat you can't shoot and this particular chariot isn't great in combat.
Old 09 Oct 2005, 22:54   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe

Doesn't it get the Screamer leave combat rules?

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 12 Oct 2005, 21:09   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

That is for 40k, but they can attack by flying over the enemy.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 15:32   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Though the attack is weak and impacts from any chariot are much better.
Closed Thread