Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Dark Gods Strike Out (Tentative Campaign Title)
Old 25 Feb 2010, 14:53   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default The Dark Gods Strike Out (Tentative Campaign Title)

Well, I think the possibility that we could have a full weekend meetup without a campaign is ridiculous. So I'd like to put together a campaign for the next one, if you guys don't mind =P

I figured we'd go with the typical "Chaos vs everything else" kinda thing GW always has going on in the background, or alternatively we could cast the Eldar (both Craftworld and Dark) as the villains, as we have a few of those too.

To make this perfect, I'd need a list of who's likely to show up and what armies they're planning on bringing. I'd also like to see SILK bring his Daemons rather than his Orks, but hey, it's his choice ultimately =P

Oh, and whilst I'm posting here... my quest for domination continues, yet another board to moderate >
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 16:41   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: The Dark Gods Strike Out (Tentative Campaign Title)

I'd like to see the fortress board used on a mega battle with the losing side (whichever that may be) defend the fortress whilst the other side try one last ditch effort to destroy the others.

If the Chaos side was losing, the fluff could be that the Imperium has forced them on the backfoot and if they're wiped out/then the Imperium has forced them back to the Eye successfully.

If the Imperium defends the fortress and loses, the forces of Chaos have gained a bigger foothold in the Imperium.

As for SILK, it doesn't matter which army he brings because the Orks/Chaos would generally by on the bad side anyway.
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 16:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster Tuner (FT)
I'd like to see the fortress board used on a mega battle with the losing side (whichever that may be) defend the fortress whilst the other side try one last ditch effort to destroy the others.

If the Chaos side was losing, the fluff could be that the Imperium has forced them on the backfoot and if they're wiped out/then the Imperium has forced them back to the Eye successfully.

If the Imperium defends the fortress and loses, the forces of Chaos have gained a bigger foothold in the Imperium.
Yes.

Quote:
As for SILK, it doesn't matter which army he brings because the Orks/Chaos would generally by on the bad side anyway.
I know that, I just wanna see them :P
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 25 Feb 2010, 17:26   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

I wonder if we could rope Del in too. He has a small Chaos army too
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 18:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Every UK Chaos player on the forum'd be ideal

You may call me Circus.
Old 25 Feb 2010, 18:53   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Unless Dark Eldar get released in enough time before the meet up, IŽll be bringing my Tau again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2010, 19:02   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
Unless Dark Eldar get released in enough time before the meet up,
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh, you were serious?

Quote:
IŽll be bringing my Tau again.
Just as planned.

You may call me Circus.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 17:04   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

A man can dream, canŽt he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 18:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Skeith

Don't one of the "Romours" threads say Tau could be getting an update in June? or has that been debunked?

Anyway, chances are I'll have a nice large 2.5k-3k DE force, mostly Wyches in Raiders, and lots of Reaver support. I'd like to say Lelith Hesperax would be part of it, but I won't buy the GW model, and my skills with GS aren't quite ready to sculpt a whole model from scratch. (And I wouldn't feel comfortable proxying her)

This is a damn good idea, and I hope it doesn't flop at the last moment like my T-shirt idea did
Skeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 18:42   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well, all it needs is me, a keyboard, some time with Microsoft Word and ideally a few people who can commit to what armies they'll bring - I don't see why it should flop =P

In this thread, which I believe is from before you got here, Zack, I wrote a campaign in literally about fifteen minutes. I think I can top that

You may call me Circus.