Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

February Meetup Hindsight
Reply
Old 23 Feb 2010, 19:36   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,511
Send a message via MSN to Skeith
Default February Meetup Hindsight

This thread is for feed-back from the most recent TO Meetup.

So aside from deciding when the UK Meetups should take place, what else needs improvement?

I heard people saying the the Sat & Sun day Mega-battles needed better organisation, and that is an issue FT and I can address closer to the next one (which appears to be August ATM), but what else could have been better organised?

Skeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2010, 19:46   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here. There. Everywhere.
Posts: 10,710
Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Default Re: February Meetup Hindsight

I think we should all just take over the same hotel for next time. :P With enough notice we should be able to get it cheap enough for anyone to be able to afford the same place.
__________________
May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visuality (film)
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Scout Sergeant Mkoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2010, 23:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bhutan dontchaknow.
Posts: 3,575
Default Re: February Meetup Hindsight

How much was it a night? Did you have en suite bathrooms, breakfast etc?
__________________

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2010, 23:57   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here. There. Everywhere.
Posts: 10,710
Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Default Re: February Meetup Hindsight

We stayed in the Permier Inn. 63 a night for a room. En suite bathroom. Breakfast cost extra, don't know how much because we went to Mcdonalds. We being Sanguinae, Tarik, Wargamer and me.
__________________
May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visuality (film)
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Scout Sergeant Mkoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2010, 00:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bhutan dontchaknow.
Posts: 3,575
Default Re: February Meetup Hindsight

Well hopefully I can stay at my mates again as he lives 10 min walk from warhammer world
__________________

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2010, 07:02   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ota, Gunma Prefecture, Japan
Posts: 3,764
Default Re: February Meetup Hindsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout Sergeant Mkoll
We stayed in the Permier Inn. 63 a night for a room. En suite bathroom. Breakfast cost extra, don't know how much because we went to Mcdonalds. We being Sanguinae, Tarik, Wargamer and me.
Double-ewe, tee, eff. 63 a night? Were you sleeping on twenty four carat gold sheets or something? That's outrageous.

The Grove Guest House in Beeston (perhaps a 25-30 minute walk from WW (5 trip by taxi), but is right by the Beeston train station which is on the London-Nottingham Midland Mainline track) costs 22 per night for a single or 36 for a double/twin for two (so 18 each), with an optional breakfast available (with a Co-op just around the corner and several takeaways nearby for food in the evening). There's only about a dozen rooms or so, but if you book early enough you ought to be able to get a place. It even has a small amount of on-site parking if you're driving (and is in the heart of a sprawl of streets, so you ought to be able to find somewhere to park nearby if they're out of room).

Whenever I go up to Warhammer World and stay overnight, I ALWAYS stay there.
__________________
[table][tr][td]Regards,
MT.[/td][td] [[/td][/tr][/table][hr]What's an abelian group with an associative, distributive secondary operator and the power to corrupt mortals?
[spoiler=Answer]The One Ring![/spoiler]
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2010, 07:15   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Here. There. Everywhere.
Posts: 10,710
Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll
Default Re: February Meetup Hindsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Thespian
Double-ewe, tee, eff. 63 a night? Were you sleeping on twenty four carat gold sheets or something? That's outrageous.

The Grove Guest House in Beeston (perhaps a 25-30 minute walk from WW (5 trip by taxi), but is right by the Beeston train station which is on the London-Nottingham Midland Mainline track) costs 22 per night for a single or 36 for a double/twin for two (so 18 each), with an optional breakfast available (with a Co-op just around the corner and several takeaways nearby for food in the evening). There's only about a dozen rooms or so, but if you book early enough you ought to be able to get a place. It even has a small amount of on-site parking if you're driving (and is in the heart of a sprawl of streets, so you ought to be able to find somewhere to park nearby if they're out of room).

Whenever I go up to Warhammer World and stay overnight, I ALWAYS stay there.
Nope. Nothing of the sort. :P It was because we just turned up on the night, didn't book in advance or anything.

Thanks for the link though. I'll look into that for summer.
__________________
May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visuality (film)
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Scout Sergeant Mkoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2010, 09:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bhutan dontchaknow.
Posts: 3,575
Default Re: February Meetup Hindsight

I'm sure there are hotels in Lenton too, you know, so you aren't the opposite end of the city! You might as well book a hotel in Sheffield for all intents and purposes! ;D
__________________

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2010, 10:02   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 16,024
Default Re: February Meetup Hindsight

Our hotel was 25 per night per person for two double rooms with showers in the rooms and free breakfast and coffees etc. If i can book early enough i can probably get the entire hotel for the weekend.
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2010, 11:11   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bhutan dontchaknow.
Posts: 3,575
Default Re: February Meetup Hindsight

Yes... but it's like a 35min walk from warhammer world :P
Not fun, especially when you're drunk and you find out everyone has gone back into town so you have to go back the other way again. But hey. At least you were almost in the city!
__________________

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In hindsight, Commander Farsight Totally sucks.... Jedibean Tau 56 01 May 2010 14:10
2000 points Tournament List, hindsight time. Gearhead Space Marines Army Lists 0 08 Nov 2009 20:20
Chaos Tactical Theory: Class 101, Hindsight PurplKrush Forces of Chaos 1 30 Mar 2007 18:44