Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau Online UK Tournament? [Locked]
View Poll Results: Where should we look to host a tournament?
Birmingham 7 43.75%
Nottingham 9 56.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 01 May 2009, 19:13   #21 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Tau Online UK Tournament?

Defo interested... but gf is expecting October 1st, so might not be able to make it. I would prefer Notts, just because I have a friend who lives a mere 5mins walk from WHW

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Old 01 May 2009, 19:25   #22 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I think the Warhammer World would be the best place to go for it, not only is it the biggest one, it is also much more convinient for me
Old 02 May 2009, 07:00   #23 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

Birmingham, because every cost-effective way of getting to Nottingham from Scotland goes to Birmingham for a changeover. :P

Trains are no longer cost effective because some moron privatised them 16 years ago and further morons decided it was a clever idea to let them go nuts with prices when cheaper and more effectively run trains could reduce the UK's carbon footprint so hugely we'd turn green with sickness just hearing about it.
Old 02 May 2009, 09:03   #24 (permalink)
Shas'El

lolz. Dont get me started on the trains! >

[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Old 02 May 2009, 11:14   #25 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Mewsevelt
Birmingham, because every cost-effective way of getting to Nottingham from Scotland goes to Birmingham for a changeover. :P

Trains are no longer cost effective because some moron privatised them 16 years ago and further morons decided it was a clever idea to let them go nuts with prices when cheaper and more effectively run trains could reduce the UK's carbon footprint so hugely we'd turn green with sickness just hearing about it.
if you want cheaper cost effective transport... BRING BACK THE TRAMS!!

[hr]

It would be easier for me to get to Birmingham. but i could get to nottingham as well. i'm not really bothered. unfortunately unless some-one comes from Ireland i will have the furthest to travel. I don't think i will be very helpful in organising things :P
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
Old 02 May 2009, 13:00   #26 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonga Khan
if you want cheaper cost effective transport... BRING BACK THE TRAMS!!
That's actually a good point, Nottingham has trams, so getting around wouldn't be too hard, I've not been to Birmingham lately, but I know it's horrible to get around.
Old 02 May 2009, 13:32   #27 (permalink)
Shas'La

In terms of location, has anyone been into the Birmingham GW, how big is it? It's maybe looking like Nottingham is the best option even if it is slightly harder to get to for a few people.

What would you guys want from this event? A few games at 1.5k, painted models only?

Looks like your initial hope of 20-25 players might be a bit optimistic FT

Old 02 May 2009, 14:11   #28 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I think we should only run it as a tournament if we can get that many people, if we don't (or if more people want to) we could run a huge apocalypse battle!
Old 02 May 2009, 14:14   #29 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'd prefer to play smaller games tbh. But if we were to go to WHW it would probably be possible to book an apoc table and a couple of smaller tables for those not wanting to do the large scale game. If everyone wants to do apoc I would though... just always seems to be the answer :-\

Old 02 May 2009, 14:19   #30 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis
I'd prefer to play smaller games tbh. But if we were to go to WHW it would probably be possible to book an apoc table and a couple of smaller tables for those not wanting to do the large scale game. If everyone wants to do apoc I would though... just always seems to be the answer :-\
You're on the painted dragon aren't you?
Hmm, it would make a change for us, but the problem with tournaments are that you need at least 16 people for a full one, and anything under that isn't that much fun, so we could do friendly battles if we don't get enough interest, the best of both worlds?
Closed Thread