Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Announcements
Closed Thread
Old 19 Sep 2005, 11:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Announcements

This thread is for me to let you all know about what's happening in this sub-section of the forum, as well as interesting items of note.

So, firstly: There is a new thread, within which is contained all of the previously stickied topics. It can be found here. This is to prevent cluttering of the forum. Hopefully it will be helpful to you all!

Secondly, and on a not so fantastic note - the standard of grammar must be picked up. Some of you in here are letting it slip appallingly. Consider this a notice. There was a forum-wide notice not too long ago;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau Online
The language spoken on these forums is English. Not 'leet' or chat-room English, simply proper, grammatically-correct English. Please make every effort to include good spelling, punctuation and grammar in your posts. Moderators may PM you with a friendly warning to ask you to make your grammar better. If a member ignores the friendly warnings, editing of posts with poor grammar may take place, and you may also be smote.
...and now there's one here. So no more excuses. Use the spell check function when you post, it's two buttons over from the post one, so not too hard to find. Those of you for whom English is not a native language, please let me know.

..."because music is in everything, it's the richness of the music that enrichens our lives." - Jay-Z

7 Reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable

"As soon as there is life there is danger." Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1860
"God created Man in his own image, and Man, being a gentleman, returned the compliment." - Mark Twain

Old 19 Apr 2006, 03:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to alcibiates Send a message via MSN to alcibiates
Default Re: Announcements

Just thought I'd throw this idea out to people who haven't thought of it yet/don't practice it yet. If you're typing up a reply and it takes you more than five minutes... Start typing it in Microsoft Word or note pad or something, because it's a huge waste when you computer crashes or something like that and you lose the entire post. I know if I do something like that I really hate typing it again, and usually just end up not, and that ends up as a loss to the forum. So for everybody's sake, use some sort of word processing software and save every once in a while, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiveMined
...Huh? What the crap?
Old 01 May 2006, 01:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Next person I catch advertising will be instantly smote. This is your final warning, I've been letting bludgers off the hook but it's in the rules (which you should have read :P) and I state as much every time I delete the advertisement.

I also pruned this topic as I want it to be clean and uncluttered. First job...get rid of that spammer Alcibiates.... ;D

..."because music is in everything, it's the richness of the music that enrichens our lives." - Jay-Z

"God created Man in his own image, and Man, being a gentleman, returned the compliment." - Mark Twain

Old 30 May 2006, 22:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Just as a reminder guys(and girls??? Do we even have any girls who post in the 'Nids? That'd be kinda scary. She might get like... I'm not gunna go there...):

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION

The Without Number thread has been merged, I believe, five times. This is ridiculous. It takes about 30 seconds to see if anybody already has posted stuff on it. Sorry to be blunt, but it's a wee agrivating.

~Alcibiates
Quote:
...Huh? What the crap?
Old 19 Jun 2006, 20:32   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Post your total list cost when you post a list. It's a tad annoying to have to go and figure out how many points a list is built for when you're trying to write a critique for it, and it bothers me and probably some other people (Or maybe I'm just really anal, who knows?) so post 'em up, either in the topic or somewhere that makes sense so we don't have to search for it.
Quote:
...Huh? What the crap?
Old 23 Jun 2006, 06:14   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Made our In Depth Information topic pretty, added more stuff.... I've added in a tactics section. Hope you lot like it.

I also modified Directives of the Hive Mind; it is now has the suffix Some Important Topics. This is because I thought that some of the topics belonged in our In Depth Information topic.

Old 09 Jul 2006, 10:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Announcements

If you're looking to make your lists look prettier and are too lazy to type it out yourself:
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=22087.0

Oh, and:
[size=20pt]Don't post cost for upgrades![/size]

It's annoying to have to go back and edit that. You can for units if you want to, but not individual upgrades.
Quote:
...Huh? What the crap?
Old 12 Jul 2006, 17:58   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Do not post topics about what you should buy next for your army. They always come up, and they always end the same. Post your army list up in the army list section and find some help for what your army needs. We are not going to be able to tell you what to buy. We can give you advice on lists, but asking "what next" is a question that can't be answered and is an army list question.
Quote:
...Huh? What the crap?
Old 17 Jul 2006, 03:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

This is coming up a bit more and more lately, so I thought I'd just throw it in here:

Post what kind of army you're working for. If it's a tournament list, or a fluff list, or a list for gaming with your friends. We need to know so we can post the proper kind of review for it. Because if you're working on a list to go against your friends and I tell you how to tool it up for a tournament... That doesn't do you much good, now does it?
Quote:
...Huh? What the crap?
Old 26 Apr 2007, 20:48   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm stepping down as moderator from the Tyranid section. I've stopped playing them on the tabletop, and I know that I'm not doing my best as a mod for this board. In my stead, Gada will be the new mod. You probably all already know him, so I won't go into that

Good luck without me... :dramatic music:

That's right fools! You are now under the rule of me! Behave, cuz I have a smite stick. ;D ~Gada

And me, you fool.* :P* - Phage

But it took you that long to notice... :P ~Gada
Quote:
...Huh? What the crap?
Closed Thread