Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Nid Swarm List.
Old 06 May 2011, 14:54   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Nid Swarm List.

Hello there, I'm new here, and new to playing nids.

I'm just wondering what people think of my 1850point list, i've written it up before i got most of it, so i know what i'm aiming for.
And that's 120 hormagaunts.

Code:
HQ:

Hive Tyrant: Hive Commander, Armoured Shell, Regeneration, Toxic Miasma, Toxin Sacs. Weapons: Scything Talons, and Heavy Venom Cannon.

Elites:

Doom Of Malan'tai, Mycetic Spore (Being an Eldar player, this really appealed to me)

3X Zoanthropes

1 Venomthrope (To protect the hormies)

Troops:

4 X 30 Squads of Hormagaunts with Toxin Sacs

Heavy Support:
Trygon: Toxin Sacs, Scything Talons x2.
That's the basic list, might take out a zoanthrope and some hormies for some more supporting units and synapse.

Any thoughts?
Smythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2011, 17:19   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I would not recommend giving your big bugs Toxin Sacs. Reason being is because you just went from wounding on a 2+ to wounding on a 4+ with re-rolls on T6 or less.
That_One_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2011, 00:23   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

if you take hive commander, you should probably have more than one person in reserves, as for regen at least for me doesn't happen that often so i don't get it, having toxin sacs on high strength units isn't that useful and it's a waste of scything talons because you can only re roll once, and for you gaunts, you may want to give adrenal glands to then so when they are charging they can re roll to wounds against even space marines
qwint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2011, 06:00   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I have changed this list a lot since the last one, it now contains a mere 70 hormagaunts, a deathleaper, and for each squad of 20 hormies, there is a mycetic spore.

Deathleaper calls down the pods from turn 2 on a 2+, granted from the deathleaper and the hive tyrants +1 to initiative rolls which DO stack.

Hive tyrant is the model from forgeworld, which is an awesome model, wings are enormous though :O
Smythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2011, 12:40   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smythe View Post
I have changed this list a lot since the last one, it now contains a mere 70 hormagaunts, a deathleaper, and for each squad of 20 hormies, there is a mycetic spore.

Deathleaper calls down the pods from turn 2 on a 2+, granted from the deathleaper and the hive tyrants +1 to initiative rolls which DO stack.

Hive tyrant is the model from forgeworld, which is an awesome model, wings are enormous though :O
Deathleaper does not add +1 to reserve rolls on the same turn he comes on.
He would add+1 on turn 3 if he came in on turn 2.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 12:43   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I would not put Hormagaunts in a spod. Because they don't shoot and they can't assault the turn they deepstrike. I would just put toxin sacs and adrenal glands on them and just run them on the battlefield. They are fleet and when they run, you roll 3D6 and pick the highest instead of 1 D6.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 12:46   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwint View Post
if you take hive commander, you should probably have more than one person in reserves, as for regen at least for me doesn't happen that often so i don't get it, having toxin sacs on high strength units isn't that useful and it's a waste of scything talons because you can only re roll once, and for you gaunts, you may want to give adrenal glands to then so when they are charging they can re roll to wounds against even space marines
Adrenal glands only gives you furious charge. They would not get to re- roll wounds because they are not poinsoned. If they had toxin sacs AND adrenal glands then they would be able to re-roll,but only on the charge.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 14:33   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Guy View Post
Adrenal glands only gives you furious charge. They would not get to re- roll wounds because they are not poinsoned. If they had toxin sacs AND adrenal glands then they would be able to re-roll,but only on the charge.
That's what i was saying
qwint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2011, 15:20   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwint View Post
That's what i was saying
Oh.... It sounded like yo said taking adrenal glands lets you re-roll. My mistake.