Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tyrannofex
Old 14 Jan 2013, 19:36   #51 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

[QUOTE=chicop76;1369031]You're running 3 tyrannos. Tell me how that goes. I'll advocate two but even I think 3 is a bit much. QUOTE]

Well, 3 tyrannofexes all with rupture cannons would give a highly vehicle-based opponent a living hell, i mean 2 shots hitting on 4+ is one thing, but 6 strength 10 shots hitting on 4+ could potentially be a flippin' nightmare.
GMAN25639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jan 2013, 19:02   #52 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamut2202 View Post
this about the tyrannofex is that i'm not sure what role it's suppose to bring. tank busting? zoans can do that better, long ranged support? that's been a biovore thing for editions, scary dinosaur? trygon, carnifex, harpy, tervigon, scary antiinfantry? it's tyranids - we have enough of that! it's just very expensive and alot of things can do what it claims to do but better and cheaper.
well, yes there are other things that can do it better usually, but if u give it a rupture cannon thats a strength 10 weapon hitting on 4+ with 2 shots. 50% of time should hit unless u just get horrible rolls. plus it's a big scary monster that ur opponent is going to concentrate all the firepower he can on it. everyone ive battled has concentrated as much firepower as possible on my T-Fex, so he soaks up a ton of firepower that would otherwise be directed at ur other units. then if it survives to get within template range his cluster spines and desiccator larvae tear into enemy infantry. overall a decent MC to bring. totally worth abut the 200 pts it costs for him and all his upgrades. and yes give it regen, itll last longer and have more chances to shoot things before it dies.

Hive Fleet Briares
Old 16 Jan 2013, 19:04   #53 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

one more thing, the only thing ive had real trouble blowing apart was a freakin' land raider redeemer my frined was running, even S10 has trouble penetrating a tank with 14 armor all the way around.

Hive Fleet Briares