Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tyrannofex
Old 09 May 2010, 12:56   #11 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Biotitan
Default Re: Tyrannofex

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamut2202
YOU TAKE 2! that's 500 point minimum. i have played the tyrannofex several times and it preformed unamazingly. i used the acid spray build against orks and later agaiinst tau. it would get tied up in combat and become utterly useless! do you know how embarrassing it is when kroot take down a T6, W6 monstrous creature? i also used the rupture cannon build against eldar and marines. thing about BS 2 is that assault 2 usually hits just once and the guy ended u8p just immobilizing alot of stuff. actually, scratch that. it didn't kill a single eldar unit and it destroyed an assault cannon and immobilized a landraider. i honestly thought that the almost 300 point would do more.

oh yeah - lol double post .
Did you remember that you can fire all 3 of its weapons? That s part of why I like it, it has 3 good anti-infantry guns in the 3 variations they come in.
Biotitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2010, 17:00   #12 (permalink)
PNW
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biotitan
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamut2202
YOU TAKE 2! that's 500 point minimum. i have played the tyrannofex several times and it preformed unamazingly. i used the acid spray build against orks and later agaiinst tau. it would get tied up in combat and become utterly useless! do you know how embarrassing it is when kroot take down a T6, W6 monstrous creature? i also used the rupture cannon build against eldar and marines. thing about BS 2 is that assault 2 usually hits just once and the guy ended u8p just immobilizing alot of stuff. actually, scratch that. it didn't kill a single eldar unit and it destroyed an assault cannon and immobilized a landraider. i honestly thought that the almost 300 point would do more.

oh yeah - lol double post .
Did you remember that you can fire all 3 of its weapons? That s part of why I like it, it has 3 good anti-infantry guns in the 3 variations they come in.
MCs can fire two weapons a turn, not all of them.
I will go confirm this now, stand by for page numbers

Edit, Pg 51 of the BRB is what I was refering to, but now that I've re read my Tyranid codex I see that you were right.
Damn new books and rules I haven't read yet, and thanks MT for pointing it out before I could come back and save face :P
Old 09 May 2010, 17:07   #13 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW
Quote:
Quite correct. A Monstrous Creature may fire up to two weapons a turn. However, a Thorax Swarm may be fired in addition to any other weapons and the entry for it on page 82 of the Codex specifies that "a monstrous creature can fire up to two weapons and a thorax swarm in the same Shooting phase."

Ergo it may fire its Acid Spray/Fleshborer Hive/Rupture Cannon (delete as appropriate), its Stinger Salvo/Cluster Spines (delete as appropriate) and its Thorax Swam all in a single turn.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2010, 20:24   #14 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Thespian
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW
Quote:
Quite correct. A Monstrous Creature may fire up to two weapons a turn. However, a Thorax Swarm may be fired in addition to any other weapons and the entry for it on page 82 of the Codex specifies that "a monstrous creature can fire up to two weapons and a thorax swarm in the same Shooting phase."

Ergo it may fire its Acid Spray/Fleshborer Hive/Rupture Cannon (delete as appropriate), its Stinger Salvo/Cluster Spines (delete as appropriate) and its Thorax Swam all in a single turn.
Didn't know I could shoot 3 times. Kinda makes me want to take the 20 shot upgrade. That's 20 shots and two flame templates, plus mon creature charge. Model is much better than I realised.
Old 10 May 2010, 00:26   #15 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicop76
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW
Quote:

Didn't know I could shoot 3 times. Kinda makes me want to take the 20 shot upgrade. That's 20 shots and two flame templates, plus mon creature charge. Model is much better than I realised.
How does the MC charge work?

Good Trades With
TraceofToxin 1

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

Lord Scythican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2010, 00:57   #16 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scythican
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicop76
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW
Quote:

How does the MC charge work?
So you can shoot 20 times, 2 flame attacks, and assault with 4 str 6 attacks as a monsterous creature.
Old 10 May 2010, 01:13   #17 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Of course it goes without saying that you probably shouldn't be throwing your tyrannofex into combat that often. He's made for shooting things! :P

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2010, 01:39   #18 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidstyler
Of course it goes without saying that you probably shouldn't be throwing your tyrannofex into combat that often. He's made for shooting things! :P
if you're droping 2 flame templates. Than at that point it's best to charge or be charged. I charge a lot with my stealth suits which means less attacks and sometimes weaker attacks.

Besides after dropping two templates that wound on 2 and 20 attacks wounding on 3s and 4s. If you got units left to charge than the extra 4 attacks wouldn't hurt.
Old 10 May 2010, 01:58   #19 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher

Termagants may be more efficient than the flamer tyranofex for the points. Why not get a tervigon and a unit of 20 termagants for about the same points. It is more wounds and can deal a lot more shots for a fewer amount of points considering all of the spawned termagants and it scores. 31 fleshborer shots that soon after can charge at initiative 5 with poisoned attacks how is that not better. It only gets better with more spawns.
Old 10 May 2010, 02:48   #20 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_wu
Termagants may be more efficient than the flamer tyranofex for the points. Why not get a tervigon and a unit of 20 termagants for about the same points. It is more wounds and can deal a lot more shots for a fewer amount of points considering all of the spawned termagants and it scores. 31 fleshborer shots that soon after can charge at initiative 5 with poisoned attacks how is that not better. It only gets better with more spawns.
The hordes can't also shoot 2 str 10 shots. Also the single flame template actually does more troop damage than the 20 gaunts and tervigon. To be honest the two tyranofexes I run kills more than 30 gaunts and 3 tervigons.

I use my tyrannofexes as anti-tank first. But I also use it as anti-troop support to force troops out of terrain.