Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tyranofex.
Old 02 Apr 2010, 07:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Tyranofex.

Played a game with a Tyranofex and did pretty well with them. I droped my two tyrants and added 2 tyranofexes instead. I never really realise how good these guys where. The hellhound flame template helped out greatly and the str 5 flame template devistated the eldar troops. While the 2 str 10 shots went a long way with ranged anti-tank. IMO they greatly compliment Zonathorpes which gives nids much needed anti-tank.
Old 02 Apr 2010, 09:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Brass Claw
Default Re: Tyranofex.

Yeah, i'm surprise that i don't see them in many lists (at least on here). Although i haven't used them yet (my Nid army is still in its infancy) to do see the advantage of a T 6 W 6 tank bug. Has anyone try it with the fleshborer hive?
Old 02 Apr 2010, 13:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I have used mine quite a bit. Seem to do really well at attracting Broadsides...

I know one time a space marine player tried to deploy some guys with sniper rifles in a bunker behind one. That acid spray worked really good. >

Good Trades With
TraceofToxin 1

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

Lord Scythican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Apr 2010, 13:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

I love seeing my friend throw down a Tyrannofex because almost without fail I'm able to take it down with 1 turn of shooting from a 3 Plasma Vet Squad in a Chim and a Vendetta. That's a lot of points to go down in 1 turn and it makes me quite happy every time
Schev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Apr 2010, 14:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schev
I love seeing my friend throw down a Tyrannofex because almost without fail I'm able to take it down with 1 turn of shooting from a 3 Plasma Vet Squad in a Chim and a Vendetta. That's a lot of points to go down in 1 turn and it makes me quite happy every time
And that's why I run two exactlly in the middle of the board and out of range of attacks like that unless you decide to insert them on top of my two tyrannofexes.
Old 02 Apr 2010, 15:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Well, tough to be out of range of the Vendetta, but I get your drift. Two could be nasty, but that's a quarter+ of 2000 points on 2 models.
Old 02 Apr 2010, 17:53   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Gada Mazaha Send a message via MSN to Gada Mazaha

I've tried one with a Rupture cannon. It did okay. I find Hive Guard or Zoanthropes to be better anti-tank, and Biovores are great anti-infantry. I just think there are more attractive options in the codex than a Tyrannofex.
Gada Mazaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Apr 2010, 18:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant Chrysaor
I've tried one with a Rupture cannon. It did okay. I find Hive Guard or Zoanthropes to be better anti-tank, and Biovores are great anti-infantry. I just think there are more attractive options in the codex than a Tyrannofex.
I feel you on that. I haven't tried out hive guard as of yet. So far I'm using 2 zonathorpes and 2 tyrannofexes. I may through in 2 hive guard in the list to give them a try. It's just the tyrannofex is effective against landraiders and vindicators in the first turn.

My zona's and tyrannofexes doesn't attract as much fire power towards them as the 3 tervigons and free gaunts on objectives. I'm liking the deathleaper as well for taking out vehicles hiding behind buildings and getting pesky cover saves.

I think the guards and zona's are cheaper choices. But the tyrannofex on top of them isn't a bad choice as well. Also the hellhound flame template does significant damage followed up with the weaker template. I find myself marching these guys up the middle staying in synapse range.

Old 02 Apr 2010, 23:54   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schev
How many points is it for the Chim and Vendetta?

Good Trades With
TraceofToxin 1

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

Lord Scythican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2010, 04:11   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

300 pts for a 3 Plasma Vet Squad and Vendetta.