Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Upcoming Tyranid 5th Ed Codex and the TO Tyranid Board Reorganization
Old 22 Dec 2009, 16:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Upcoming Tyranid 5th Ed Codex and the TO Tyranid Board Reorganization

So we are rapidly approaching the release of new Tyranid 5th Ed Codex in less than a month. We've had a lot of well written articles, tacticas, observations, and analysis written by our members here in the past, but as most of the rumors indicate we're in for a good deal of change. With that change, much of the information we have stickied here will be obsolete, and that's for things that weren't made obsolete by the release of the 5th Ed Rulebook, and in some cases the 4th Ed Codex.

So we're going to be going though a bit of a reorganization process. Much of what we currently have stickied we plan to organize into a Tyranid Archive thread which remains stickied, but is consolidated and contains things that have become out of date. We don't want to lose the hard work our members have put in here in the past, but we'd like to make sure that information is appropriately labeled as out of date now for any new members coming to the board or army in general.

But that good news is that leaves open space for new well written articles, tacticas, observations, and analysis for the new Codex as it relates to the 5th Ed Rulebook. We're going to aim to have a consolidated and well organized format that can be easily referenced in the future. And we'd like help in that endeavor, and will be handing out appropriate karma to members who can and would like to assist us with it.
Nezalhualixtlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2009, 21:32   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou
Default Re: Upcoming Tyranid 5th Ed Codex and the TO Tyranid Board Reorganization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezalhualixtlan
So we are rapidly approaching the release of new Tyranid 5th Ed Codex in less than a month. We've had a lot of well written articles, tacticas, observations, and analysis written by our members here in the past, but as most of the rumors indicate we're in for a good deal of change. With that change, much of the information we have stickied here will be obsolete, and that's for things that weren't made obsolete by the release of the 5th Ed Rulebook, and in some cases the 4th Ed Codex.

So we're going to be going though a bit of a reorganization process. Much of what we currently have stickied we plan to organize into a Tyranid Archive thread which remains stickied, but is consolidated and contains things that have become out of date. We don't want to lose the hard work our members have put in here in the past, but we'd like to make sure that information is appropriately labeled as out of date now for any new members coming to the board or army in general.

But that good news is that leaves open space for new well written articles, tacticas, observations, and analysis for the new Codex as it relates to the 5th Ed Rulebook. We're going to aim to have a consolidated and well organized format that can be easily referenced in the future. And we'd like help in that endeavor, and will be handing out appropriate karma to members who can and would like to assist us with it.
Sounds good bro, make it happen.
Old 23 Dec 2009, 01:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Upcoming Tyranid 5th Ed Codex and the TO Tyranid Board Reorganization

New tacticas! I think I'll have to renovate my Broodlord one, as well as adding some for other units with which I have plenty of experience.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2009, 06:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Akaiyou Send a message via MSN to Akaiyou Send a message via Yahoo to Akaiyou

After most likely breaking a couple arms off some of the models and figuring out where the heck im going to find a ton of boneswords among other things I will start hitting the forum up with battle reports and tactics so count on me to do my bit for the hive mind.

By far this is my favorite forum site to discuss Tyranids. Keep up the good work. :rockon:
Old 24 Dec 2009, 02:14   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Gada Mazaha Send a message via MSN to Gada Mazaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
New tacticas! I think I'll have to renovate my Broodlord one, as well as adding some for other units with which I have plenty of experience.
While you are more than welcome to use your old format, I'd prefer if it was an entirely new topic. It should keep previous edition discussion under those topics, and newer questions in newer topics.
Gada Mazaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2009, 02:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Most definitely. I had no intention of editing that old thing; I would much rather start anew.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2009, 18:22   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'm most interested in helping out with this endeavor I like the reorganization idea a lot, good way to preserve old information but make sure things don't become confusing/cluttered.