Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Dirty, Dirty, Dirty...
Old 11 Oct 2009, 11:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Dirty, Dirty, Dirty...

Basically I was wondering if we as an army have any of those really really dirty tactics that earn us wins at the expense of friends.
Not necessarily for use, but just for interests sake, what kind of maneuvers can we pull that will completely overpower us.
Again, not for use, perhaps for a little smack talk amongst friends
Old 11 Oct 2009, 16:02   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Dirty, Dirty, Dirty...

Tyranids really don't have dirty tricks, like Double-Lash, or Wave-Serpant Rush. We do have the Psychic Choir which can hurt those not totally immune to it (wait, that's most armies now) and Nidzilla (not really dirty trick as much as tough to beat.) The good usage of WON gaunts to screen your HS Sniperfex might be considered a dirty trick.

So, I'm interested in what others consider good, effective 'dirty' tricks...
Old 12 Oct 2009, 03:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Nidzilla used to be the dirtiest trick we had (and don't get me wrong, spamming Monstrous Creatures is still pretty hard). But it's effect has been dimished with the newer rules set and codices. Against non-fearless armies, a Choir list could be pretty dirty (use two Hive Tyrants and three Zoanthropes all with the Shadow in the Warp psychic power, I think that's it.). Such large penalties on enemy leadership plus plenty of weapons that cause pinning can send lesser infantry packing (or rather, forced to ground without the ability to do anything :P )
Old 12 Oct 2009, 06:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

catalyst and feeder tendril support to hormagaunts. this is evil and really really fun

Click to join the Movement
salamut2202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2009, 08:25   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamut2202
catalyst and feeder tendril support to hormagaunts. this is evil and really really fun
rippers with spinefists are similarly fun, no-one ever expects them to be shooting. Also, there's nothing better than pointing and laughing after killing something good with them
Old 13 Oct 2009, 02:13   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sionnach19
...Against non-fearless armies, a Choir list could be pretty dirty (use two Hive Tyrants and three Zoanthropes all with the Shadow in the Warp psychic power, I think that's it.)....
I think you meant the Psychic Scream (-1 leadership thing). That is pretty dirty, with five psychics, all with Psychic scream and the two Hive Tryants both have The Horror, which makes close-combat very, very interesting.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 19:43   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

My friend used a Carnifex that had an upgrade to somehow give it a 2+ armor save (please varify this possibility) and I got destroyed. I lost my whole 1000 pt. deamon army and he lost four gene stealers. The most rediculous game I've played.
Seyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2009, 20:10   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

What, u dont believe me :'( lol? well its true. oh and it was one genestealer and 4 gaunts
commanderbrightsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2009, 22:05   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyah
My friend used a Carnifex that had an upgrade to somehow give it a 2+ armor save (please varify this possibility) and I got destroyed. I lost my whole 1000 pt. deamon army and he lost four gene stealers. The most rediculous game I've played.
Sounds like Extended Carapace. And if I'm not mistaken, it's a pretty expensive biomorph. 20-30 points or so. If you are playing daemons, some bloodletters or a daemon prince should be able to hammer it down.
Old 13 Oct 2009, 22:17   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyCool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyah
Sounds like Extended Carapace. And if I'm not mistaken, it's a pretty expensive biomorph. 20-30 points or so. If you are playing daemons, some bloodletters or a daemon prince should be able to hammer it down.
it's ha;f way between those, but i'm not actually listing it mods.

stealer shock, nuke choir and winged swarm are some of the tyranid spam which i have seen success with (not the winged one, a watched a game with 16 gargoyles, 5 flying warriors, 5 flying rippers lead by a tyrant).

there is also shooty bugs and nidzilla but they have become common, nerfed and read so they don't really count any more.

Click to join the Movement
salamut2202 is offline   Reply With Quote