Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help me to eat my opponents
Old 07 Aug 2009, 07:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Help me to eat my opponents

Ok, me and my friends are organizing a 40k day soon, and i need to know how to destroy them, i am new to the game and my army consists of the following:

1x Broodlord
3x Lictors
1x carnifex
14x Genestealers
8x Gaunts
8x Spore Mines (4 frag, 2 bio, 2 toxin)

And i can equip them with basically whatever i want.
I am versing one eldar play (biggest worry) a Grey Knights force (worried) and two necrons players (not too worried).
The eldar player uses jetbikes, howling banshees, falcon, and guardians plus some other things that i can't remember.

What tactics should i use?
Old 07 Aug 2009, 07:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Help me to eat my opponents

How many points is your force?
It'll help me let you know what everyone else will be bringing more accurately.
Here's the forces in a bit more detail. I can't help that much on advice though because I don't play nids.

The Eldar player plays Saim-Hann, but it is possible for him to field any unit (he's got at least one of everything), also I think if it's ready in time he'll want to try out his new Avatar, perhaps swooping hawks as well, also a recent edition. Perhaps even shining spears if there completed in time as well.

Most likely units from him however are lots of bikes, vipers, howling banshee's/striking scorpians (both would have transports) and he is fond of fire dragons.

Grey Knights
A Grand Master + 5 Terminator Retinue
2x 8 Power Armour GK
Purgation Squad with 4x Incinerators.

Note: Purigation Squad could be incorporated into other units and Grand Master dropped for more points and then allied to space marines for more units (ie Heavy support!)

Necrons
Both Have a monolith and a lot of warriors. Options for almost anything (don't think there are any pariahs, flayed ones, wraiths or tomb Spiders).

And You'll probably end up vs my space marines aswell. you don't need to worry about them, there honestly not a very strong force, Outflank and get into combat with the Genestealers. Deep Strike the lictors, I won't know what to do ;D

Hope that helps you guys help him defeat me :P
lemon-green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2009, 08:14   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterofthecourt
necrons player (not too worried).
Shut up fool, I'll slay u this time, I'm practicing rolling dice so this time I will hit you with my particle whip!

also its "opponents"
j00ze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2009, 09:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by j00ze
Against tyranids......necrons have a field day, we basicly gun you down before you can assault us. I have had winged tyrants(or carnifex,forget which gets wings) but anything else gets gunned down. Against eldar you won't have too much trouble though it all depends on what he is bringing since it's a very diverse army. Gray knights might be a problem, their flamers will ignore your armor saves and if you get in cc with the hq and his terminators....thats a fight you will probaly lose.
rotwiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2009, 10:03   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Its just that they may be able to gun me down but if i get into combat they are screwed, which will work for outflanking BL and retinue and lictors if he is stupid enough to get near cover... which we generally have alot of.
Old 07 Aug 2009, 10:26   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Help me to eat my opponants

Quote:
Its just that they may be able to gun me down but if i get into combat they are screwed, which will work for outflanking BL and retinue and lictors if he is stupid enough to get near cover... which we generally have alot of.
A problem with that plan against necrons is their WBB roll. You will basicly outflank with a lictor/ genestealer, they will wipe out a squad, then on the necron players turn if they have any models 6" from the dead ones they will roll for WBB and about half of the dead ones will get back up( also counts as no kill point till completely dead). With the rest of the squads and the one that got back up the outflankers become toast. Also the common weapon on necrons is ap 5 and the immortals carry ap 4 weapons so most of the time you won't be getting saves. Also if you go in CC against a necron lord with a warscythe.....it isn't going to end pretty,3 attacks at I4 with a weapon that ignores both armor and invo saves....it carves open carnifexes. Also the necron lord usually takes veil of darkness which basicly deepstrikes his squad anywhere on the field even if they were in cc at the time.
rotwiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2009, 10:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by j00ze
Quote:
shut up fool ill slay u this time, im practicing rolling dice so this time ima hit u with my particle whip!

also its "opponents"
Oh, the irony.
Your nitpicking because he misspelled one word and yet you misspelled about 3?
And you lack an amazing amount of grammar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minako
The female race really is disgusting.

Tomo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2009, 11:11   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I misspelled it purposefully to attract attention to the topic :-[
And i am aware that the we'll be back rolls will irritate me severely, but it is simply due to the other two armies i am facing that i am not as worried about necrons, the eldar player is very very tactical, and the grey knights... well they speak for themselves. I'll just try and run his lord off the table like last time aye j00ze
Old 07 Aug 2009, 12:50   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Guys, when you post here on this forum you agree to abide by the Rules of the forum.

Part of those rules are to self edit your posts for correct spelling and proper English grammar.

Please do not purposefully misspell words in order to attract attention. Do not use 1337 speak, or any other form of improper English, it's not welcome on these boards.

Please take this as a first public warning tied to no other ill effects. If you continue, I will have to move to increasing your forum warning level or possible smites. It's more pleasant for everyone if you simply follow the rules and use proper English, please do so in the future.
Nezalhualixtlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2009, 23:07   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Sorry, it was a joke, it wasn't a purposeful mispelling, how do you edit the title?