Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Some Questions On Carnifex Upgrades.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 08:55   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Some Questions On Carnifex Upgrades.

Wiat no longer mr moderator sir.
Just a few questions as i recently bought and have not yet built, a carnifex.
1. My current idea is to use crushing claws, scything talons, and regenerate, which i am aware is expensive but i like it. Question is, has anyone fielded anything similar to this before?
2. If yes to above, then how does it handle itself in battle?
3. Besides two twin linked devourers (I almost had a fit when i realised that the carnifex didn't come with four devourers) what other upgrades would you suggest?
4. Is it worth trying to make it more durable say by giving it reinforced chitin or bonded exoskeleton?

Thankyou in advanced
Old 20 Jul 2009, 09:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Some Questions On Carnifex Upgrades.

Oh and just in case it helps, I will be versing people with armies that include:
Tau, Eldar, Necrons, Space marines. I hope that will give you greater insight.
Thanks
Old 23 Jul 2009, 19:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Crushing claws can be worthwhile, but they are expensive. Scything Talons are all around good for the cost. I wouldn't ever recommend anyone put Regenerate on a Carnifex, ever, actually. Not unless they change it in the next codex, I think it's a waste of points for not much benefit. I think you'd be far better off putting things like Adrenal +WS and +I, and/or Toxic Miasma, flesh hooks, reinforced chitin, tusks, hell almost anything else other than Regenerate on your Fex, and or simply not buying it and putting those points elsewhere in your army. However, if it fits some fluff idea you have for your army and it's just something you really like the idea of, then by all means, go for it. I don't think you'll be impressed with the results considering the cost, but I can understand sometimes it's not all about the *power* of a particular unit.
Nezalhualixtlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2009, 20:48   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath

Crushing claws have a 1/3 chance of not doing anything at all for a lot of points, and 1/6 of a chance to actually REDUCE your number of attacks. But, if you like being risky, (I personally love Crushing claws because it has a 50% of being better than scything talons), go for them. With crushing claws, scything talons, mace tail, and tusked, you can get D6+2 and another + 2 for the charge, all at S9/10 and allowing no armor saves. At best you get 10 attacks, and at worst, 5. Thats still enough to do some serious damage to just about everything.
a roll of a:
1:Reduces your attacks by 1
2oes nothing
3:+1 attacks
4:+2
and so on. You just have to realize a roll of a 1,2,or 3 means you arent getting anything out of them.
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote