Vs.

-=+ Eldar +=-
HQ:

Troop:

Elite:

Heavy:

Fast Attack:

Match:
Pitched Battle Deployment, Capture and Control modified for our Tournament: 1 central objective, each turn you control it uncontested from the start to end of the turn you get 1 objective point cumulative over the game. For each turn you control it uncontested during your shooting phase, the Troop controlling it may opt to call down an Orbital Bombardment as per Space Marine Chapter Master, modified slightly to allowable each turn, and still scattering half distance on a hit in the direction of the small arrow.

Deployment:

Turn 1:

Turn 2:

Turn 3:

-=+ VICTORY +=-
Tyranids:
Eldar:

Aftermath
Nezalhualixtlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2009, 03:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to HiveFleetGoliath
Default Re: Tyranids vs. Eldar - 500 pts - June 13, 2009 #1

Wow, I really like your color scheme but IMPO the gold draws to much attention from the rest of the model.
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneguard
At least a 5th one, so you can launch a legal squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
HiveFleetGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2009, 13:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Thanks. I went with the gold because there was already a lot of metallic carapace with the way I did the purple which was based on a real life dragonfly or damselfly I saw once while hiking - and I figured the gold metallic would fit in well. But I really wanted the black/ desert yellow & gold to sort of simulate a hornet's look on the carapace plates. Unfortunately most of those models aren't quite finished yet. The gold looks better I think once I have the claws, scything talons, and other sharp bits done in the bone white and shaded with the desert yellow as well, it brings the colors together a little bit better.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 22:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Its to... "Perfect" i think. The gold looks all neat and tidy compared to other color schemes. Note how on this one http://www.gosfordhobbies.com.au/sho.../P/lge-736.gif the purple blends really well into the black. The gold wont blend, but I think that the "Jagged" edges on the carapace is what yours is lacking.

Note this is my personal opinion and if you don't agree with me, don't hate me for it :P
Hopefully, my country's customs don't mistake the Genestealer model as being totally made out of cocaine...
Quote:
Quote:
shtlk, I honestly editted instead of posting a reply with a quote. Sorry, Goliath. Trying to figure out these mod abilities.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 01:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

No worries, differences of opinion are certainly welcome.

I know a lot of people do their carapace plating with sort of mottled edges where the colors blend a little better, but I was trying to go for a hornet-like look, and from most of the pictures I've seen, they tend to have fairly defined edges between their colors.

were some of the inspiration photos I used when I was developing the scheme. Anyway, I know it's a little unconventional, but I like they way it's turned out. When I have enough of the models done with the scheme down on the table I think they look fairly organic still, and I definitely like the way they look, which is I guess all that really matters.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 01:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You havent seen MY Nids. Very.. uh... Green :P I'll post pics one day

Oh!!! You know what you should try??? Use the Badab Black wash on the purple. And when I say use it, I mean, overdo it. make it almost black. Try it on a gaunt or something and see how it looks. I think that would look sooooo cool.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 28 Jun 2009, 01:57   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I could give it a try, but the purple is already a wash. I do a base coat of mithril silver, and then layer purple ink on top of it until it builds up a deep dark purple color in sort of a glaze. If I wash black over the top of that, I'm not sure how it would come out. I've yet to find a really good way to take pictures of them, because I also leave them glossy with 'Ardcoat over the top to make them look slimy. I like the way it looks irl, but then I've had trouble getting decent pictures of them - flash really mucks up the pictures of them, but if the room doesn't have adequate lighting, you miss out on some of the shading and highlighting that naturally occurs due to the metallic undercoat.

I finally have a nice camera though, my wife and I just bought one a few months back, and it's pretty decent, so I need to learn a little more about taking photos and how to be best utilize the new camera. I'll get better pictures of stuff in time, hopefully something that does them a little better justice.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 02:38   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You know, the more I look at your color scheme the better it looks :P
But I did paint a ripper with your color scheme but with a few changes. I'll email them to you if you want.
Quote:
Quote: